One-Track Mind

Started by boneonbone, June 17, 2018, 05:42:33 AM

boneonbone

One-Track Mind
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a new one titled "One-Track Mind", that started out as an acoustic solo song about trying to write and record songs, but 5 guitar tracks and a couple harmonies later became a different sounding song.  Song was built around a "one track" take on acoustic and vocal, then added an overdub lead vocal.....and on and on.  Hope you'll give it a listen.   Cheers.

One-Track Mind      (V.Grazio)  c2018           

Ravaged by the aftermath
Rubble strewn across the path   
Things look whole when cut in half

Veering left and pulling right
Argumentive senseless fights
Voices in the dead of night

In a realm of abstract things
Are well-worn sounds of rusted strings
Songs of silent suffering
Kept inside, a one-track mind

Roads are paved with fractured rhymes
For bleeding hearts and bitter times
Ignoring the direction signs

Songs of silent suffering
Kept inside, a one-track mind

Under wraps inside a mystery, footnotes in, history       
Things are not the way they used to be,
Together and, alone

Songs that no one dares to sing
Here inside, this one-track mind
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

Farrell Jackson

A real pro sound here! Thanks for the info. on how you built and produced the song. Great vox and harmonies....The acoustic guitar solo was spot on. Well done all around!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Kenneth

Very warm sounding recording. Great vocals and songwriting. Congrats, this is a brilliant creation.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Greeny

Really like the lush, West Coast feel and harmonies on this. Like CSNY and America - both of which I really dig. The acoustic guitar is SO organic and and natural sounding, and that little solo is lovely. In fact the whole thing is beautifully done. Terrific job!

SE

Yes got me reminding  back to CCR ,  Neil Young and all that time, which I love, excellent  stuff loved it lots!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Redler

This sounds to a classic to me! Fine vocal melodies and harmonies - just superb!

Excellent production, as well! I like this a lot!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

wow what a lush and full sound you have reminds me a bit of david crosby at times. wonderful song.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

A fine piece of work, enjoyed it a lot. I too often start with an acoustic track but like Topsy it always seems to grow and grow.  Good job.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

IanR

What a beautiful sound. Your quote put David Crosby in my mind. I think he must be an inspiration for you? I recently heard him interviewed on Mark Maron's podcast WTF.  It was a good show. Thanks again for the great song. I hope we hear more soon. Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One