Power Off Function

Started by WhiteRam, May 12, 2009, 06:00:57 PM

WhiteRam

I know when using the power save feature for the back-lit display, it will fade out at the set time as long as one has not touched/operated a control.  This is true even while the unit is playing or recording.

My question is does the power off function react the same?  In other words, if I have the power off function set at 30 minutes, but have the unit working recording for 2 hours without touching a control, will the unit shut off in 30 minutes from the last touched function, or will it keep recording?

WR

launched

I'm interested to know the answer to this, too. I have recorded for around 20 minutes, but not a full 30.

The thing is, the 20 mins sucked down the battery pretty good - Do you think it would make 30?  :D

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

WhiteRam

Using the power save feature set at 10 seconds, I can get about 3 1/2 hours out of a set of Duracells. I'm working the machine pretty good too during that time.

The guys are so right here about getting the PSA adapter, I finally got one and it is wonderful. I love just leaving the unit turned on for hours on end, having the display fully lit up all the time, and never having to watch the batter indicator show me how quickly they're draining.

Ya, pertaining to my post, I wonder if the machine is on but not recording or playing, but would still shut down per time set if plugged into AC. We'll have to see if anyone knows about all.

WR

64Guitars

Quote from: WhiteRam on May 12, 2009, 10:06:57 PMI wonder if the machine is on but not recording or playing, but would still shut down per time set if plugged into AC.

According to page 116 of the Micro BR manual, the Power Save and Auto Power Off features do not work when using the AC adapter.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

WhiteRam

Mmm page 116, right on! Thank you. When using it with batteries as a field/live recorder I was hoping someone might have already determined if the power save function setting would wait until after a recording was done. I can test this out of course, just thought it might have been done already.

WR

Geir

I've had the MBR recording for over an hour on batteries, with power-off set to 5 mins. No problem !!

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

WhiteRam

Right on Geir!  :)  Just to make sure of something, during that hour (with batteries) of recording with the power-off set to 5 minutes. . . you did not touch any control, the machine just sat there recording, is this correct?

WR

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........