Women of Ireland (Mna na hEirehann )Davey Graham version

Started by Jean Pierre, December 06, 2017, 08:45:33 AM

Jean Pierre

WOMEN OF IRELAND nettoye
Time:
0:00
Volume:
it's here an assembly of two traditional songs

_ the first is from Ireland, known as "whomen of ireland", which I dedicate especially to our friend Tommy Knox, with all our affection
the arrangement for guitar is by Davey Graham: David Michael Gordon "Davey" Graham (originally spelled Davy Graham) (26 November 1940 - 15 December 2008) was a British guitarist and one of the most influential figures in the 1960s British folk revival. He has many famous players such as Bert Jansch, Wizz Jones, John Renbourn, Martin Carthy, John Martyn, Paul Simon and Jimmy Page (you know at least all of Anji ...)

the second is Scottish song "Willie o Winsbury": Willie O Winsbury is Child Ballad, existing in several variants It is a traditional Scottish ballad that dates from at least 1775,
I knew it by John Renbourn in 1971 in his album Faro Annie

..I did only the first two verses the song has 13! .. but my English is too bad to sing it in full   :-\, so if one of our friends Anglo Saxon wanted to do it would please me , I can send you in this case the backtrack and I would add then, dulcimer, violin and / or low wisthle

it would be a pleasure to make this song with one of you ... ;)

last minute!I looked in sc and I found this excellent version (plugged) by Art Vandalay    ;)

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=26770.msg322999#msg322999
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Groundy

Just Beautiful JP.
You are some musician my friend.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Jean Pierre

QuoteIf I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night..

Merci mon ami,..... j'adore votre devise , c'est la mienne maintenant
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

heg577

There is a beautiful symphony playing within us all..

Jean Pierre

Jean Pierre

WOMEN OF IRELAND nettoye
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Oops, I wanted to "clean up" the recording and remove the second part "Willie O Winsbury" (to put this second part in the forum collaboration..and suddenly the player disappeared from the first message

can an administrator fix this?

I put the song "cleaned" in this message in attachment

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Jean Pierre

thank you Alfredo, ... I must say that my guitar "Leyenda" Alan Garcia Torre is quite exceptional !! ... I want to put the "nail au aunt" (French expression !.) on the metaphor of the nail as being the small, pointed metal rod used for suspensions of objects reminiscent of those pledged to the pawnshop, hanging on nails and out of reach of the one who engaged them.

..in fact I wanted to sell it ... luckily I did not find a buyer! ;D ;D ;D

64Guitars

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on December 08, 2017, 01:21:28 AMOops, I wanted to "clean up" the recording and remove the second part "Willie O Winsbury" (to put this second part in the forum collaboration..and suddenly the player disappeared from the first message

It's because you named your file "WOMEN OF IRELAND nettoyé.mp3" and the software for this site currently can't handle accented letters and other special characters in filenames. I've renamed your attachments to "WOMEN OF IRELAND nettoye.mp3".

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Jean Pierre

aaaahhhh yes ... I always forget that accent story ::) ... sorry ... and thanks