The first Greeny Monday in a very long time: 'A Very Strange Fire'

Started by Greeny, May 08, 2017, 06:50:41 AM

Redler

Welcome back, Tim!

I'm on the second listening...

Fantastic harmonies and flute additions and really fine songwriting/performance! Ah...sweet!

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Thanks Ron.

I suspected the mention of the word 'shire' would have LotR connotations. It actually refers to Hampshire - the English county where hundreds of years of my farm labourer relations lived and died.

Quote from: Rolow on May 08, 2017, 08:49:01 PMGreat to hear from you Tim!  And you have composed a wonderful treat to come back on.

I love the a cappella opening, the vocals are thick and lush with beautiful harmonies.  The 12 string sounds great.  You are a fine bassist and the flutes are an eerie addition. A fine listen.

Must admit I went to Lord of the Rings for a moment, but this is unique and original.  Excellent use of visual description in the lyric gives us depth that's hard to come by in music: "yellow gorse and slanting silver rain" and "golden fields" and dark furrows".  Very good writing.

Can't wait for more.

Ron

kenny mac

Excellent Tim ,great to hear you back.
Love the lyrical content of this and the harmonys.
There are parts of it that musically that remind me of something crowded house would write.
A great song and performance,well done.

Siru

So perfectly written melodies!! Would have suited even the Beatles.
And the bells and birds in the end...niiice :)

TPB

Well this is outstanding from the intro to the end
Bravo
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Redler

I came back at this. At first, this is so good piece of music. Now, I read (and translated) the lyric and I take my hat off! That's poetry!

Do you still have the original 128 Gb memory card? Well, I think it worked the best, tho...no driver busy etc announcements...

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Redler on May 10, 2017, 08:19:30 AMI came back at this. At first, this is so good piece of music. Now, I read (and translated) the lyric and I take my hat off! That's poetry!

Do you still have the original 128 Gb memory card? Well, I think it worked the best, tho...no driver busy etc announcements...

Thankyou! :-)

Yes - it's still the original 128gb card it came with.

Ella

I agree with everyone, it´s wonderful to hear from you again! This is a very good song. Love the lyrics and the way you articulate and timing the words. it´s beautiful. Flutes makes lovely psychedelic feeling. I get feeling of carousel.

Rata-tat-tat

Been gone a while myself... really good to hear you again Tim. Great tune bro... I dig it!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Oldrottenhead

128mb tim, if only it was gb's lol. i still got mine too and it works, but i don't use it.I keep it as a souvenir.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann