"Synchopation" a Hook original

Started by Hook, April 07, 2017, 05:44:59 AM

Hook

Synchopation
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Been a busy week or at least it seems like it was but now I don't seem to have any idea of what i did. At some point I pieced this together in the studio on the DP24. I know I used 2 poorly placed condenser mics to capture the uke/vocal & then I played the uke part again into the same 2 mics. I moved the poorly placed mics into equally poorly placed places and recorded the cocktail kit. Then I added my Ibanez Acoustic base (direct) and a little strat lead going through the Blackstart ID Core Beam. Mixed & mastered on the DP24.
Synchopation
written & performed by Hook
As the fountain sprays
Colorful cascades
Most are lost in its beauty

a visual Symphony
illusion wasted on me
For sound is what captures me

As each jet propels
A river flows inside my head
Syncopation
As each drop returns
And pools into one again
Syncopation

A starlit sky
Unabused by streetlight
But the wind through the trees capture me

A rustle of leaves
Crickets anything but at ease
On fire with sound and it's affecting me

As each animal moves
Frequency grooves
Syncopation
All the while
I've been an audiophile
Syncopation

It's not that I dont want to see
I use my senses instinctively
& tonight the peace that envelopes me
Is sound
And it's all around

Each car that passes by
As this night comes alive
Syncopation
When morning arrives
I wonder will I still find
Syncopation

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

T.C. Elliott

If that's the sound you get with poorly placed mics then I can't wait to hear some more properly placed mics. Sounds good to my ears at least.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

bruno

One of my favourites from you recently. Love the softer vocals, really super delivery! This one sparkles! The drums give it a proper live feel as well.
Excellent tune brother.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

Nice one.

Regarding the mic placement, I was just reading this morning about a relatively new product (released Jan 18, 2017) from IK Multimedia that might save you a lot of hassle and improve the sound of your ukulele and acoustic guitars. It's called the iRig Acoustic Stage and it features a small microphone that clips onto the sound hole of an acoustic guitar or ukulele and plugs into a preamp/DSP unit which, in addition to a 1/4" Line Out jack, features a micro USB connector so you can use it as an audio interface to your computer. There's also an Aux input which you can plug your guitar's piezo output into, and a control that lets you blend the signal between the sound hole pickup and the piezo to your liking. The USB interface is compatible with iOS and Android devices via an adapter cable which is sold separately, so you can record straight into your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch or your Android smartphone or tablet. The preamp/DSP unit runs on two 1.5V AA batteries and can be clipped to your belt.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigacousticstage/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCVcHVA-ClI

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Hook

Thanks guys!
Cool video 64, thanks. I have the irig mic, it was sold to work through the amplitude app a few years ago. I think blueberry got one also. It sounds good but is a bit of a pain in the ass. It also picks up a little too much body & attack sounds. Every time it rubs across your belly or pluck the string differently you hear it. Pick scratches and finger thuds.Too sensitive to be attached to the sound hole like that...imho.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

Top class Hook,
You never cease to amaze me ...
Pure Class...

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ted

Very lovely song, Hook. The gentle vocals convey absolute sincerity, and the song is immersive because of that – where I no longer noticed the song, because I was in the song. Know what I mean?

Afterwards, I remembered that I'm supposed to give feedback. Uhh... The mic placement gives it a live quality. Consider it a happy accident you did things wrong so skillfully.

Blackout Bump - week of 2 April, 2017
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac