Get error message: NOT SUPPORTED trying to play mp3 file

Started by Satchwood, May 06, 2009, 10:34:20 AM

Flash Harry

Generally 44.1Khz is the industry standard, higher rates can improve quality of the higher frequency sounds and some recording gear has 48KHz options.

The idea comes from a chap called Nyquist, who worked out that sampling had to be done at 2.2 times the highest frequency you want to sample. 20khz is generally all you need to record (Audiophiles - you shouldn't argue against this because Audiophiles don't sample).

The 0.1 is the extra bit in the maths I don't remember any more.

Boring bit over....... :D
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Quote from: Satchwood on May 06, 2009, 01:23:20 PMThe 44.1 kHz sampling rate probably also applies to WAV files as well, since I also imported a NOT SUPPORTED WAV file out of Audacity.

Yes, WAV files must also have a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz.

QuoteI'll just press that magic Project Rate button in the lower-left corner.

You can make it the default by selecting Preferences from the Edit menu (or press Ctrl-P), then selecting the Quality page. There you'll see a drop-down box for Default Sample Rate. Set it to 44100 Hz.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Satchwood

Thanks Flash & 64 for the lesson in audio file formats - very helpful!  Plus, I don't have to pull my hair out anymore  :o
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)