Power Supply ?

Started by daibeer, May 02, 2009, 08:35:02 AM

daibeer

Hi all,
Just got my new BR and nees a new power supply.  I have a 9v 150Ma power supply already for my Boss drum machine, would this be OK or will I blow it?
Thanks
Dai

Bro

I'm not sure but i think it would do, if it powers other boss units, it should be able to do a MBR to. I'm not sure though
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Greeny

I'd check it out very carefully before you try it - we had someone who fried their BR by using the wrong adaptor. I'm not sure where to find out, but 64guitars will probably give you the correct advice at some point.

I have a proper adaptor, but since being on here, and in retrospect, I'd have gone for rechargeable batteries instead. Just a thought.

Anyway - welcome aboard. Get some batteries in there and start making music  :)

64Guitars

Quote from: daibeer on May 02, 2009, 08:35:02 AMJust got my new BR and nees a new power supply.  I have a 9v 150Ma power supply already for my Boss drum machine, would this be OK or will I blow it?

If it is a regulated DC power adapter with the right connector and polarity (tip negative / barrel positive) then it should work. However, the recommended PSA series adapters for the Micro BR are not very expensive and I think you'd be better off buying one.

See http://www.geocities.com/sixtyfourguitars/BossBr/FAQ.html?20092#power for more on BR power adapters.

I noticed in another topic that you have (or had) a BR-8. The BR-8 uses the Boss PSB-1U power adapter which is regulated and supplies 9v DC at up to 2000mA. The PSB-1U will work just fine with your Micro BR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

daibeer

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll probably wait and buy one.
Cheers
Dai

Tony W

I finally bought the PSA-120S. Now when I am practicing, the BR looks like an octopus with cords coming out everywhere. I think tonight I'm going to take a little time from playing, knock the dust off the band saw, and make a nice little stand for the BR.

I'm a very new guitarist, so I'm certain that I use my BR differently than most. I spend 15-20 minutes using it as a metronome. I then spend another 15 minutes playing with a random drum sequence. I spend another 30 minutes playing songs that I already know just to improve chord progression. Rarely do I record, I only record when I need a little encouragement that I am actually making progress.

All that to say this. While one more cord coming out of the BR is a slight pain to deal with, I'm very happy I purchased it. I don't have to stop on a regular basis to swap out batteries. Some days I practice and play for 3 hours straight.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR