Getting songs and tracks from BR to BR80

Started by Wulfex, January 22, 2017, 07:52:43 PM

Wulfex

Greets.
Hope someone can refer me to a good method for transfering micro br tracks, songs or files to br80.

This way I can simply use the BR 80 and continue working on incomplete songs started on the micro BR.

Perhaps there is a file converter? Or maybe the only way is to record the Br to the br80 one track at a time.

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks.
Wulfex

64Guitars

You can use the BR Wave Converter software to export each individual track from the Micro BR as a WAV file, then import those tracks into the BR-80 using the same software.

PC: https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/micro_br_br-80/updates_drivers/c30fd33d-3064-484d-b896-1bdc4f9e6e70/

Mac: https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/micro_br_br-80/updates_drivers/5a141d18-167f-414d-b063-446263740e07/

See the following workshop booklet:

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/micro_br_br-80/support_documents/7553a81f-4e9f-400d-b3d6-6a40fb19e7ba/

The drum tracks are a special case since they're not stored as digital audio tracks. So, before you can export them using the BR Wave Converter software, you first have to bounce them to a stereo pair of audio tracks. Be sure to lower the levels of the four audio tracks and the inputs so that all you get is the drums.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wulfex

Thanks much for your help, 64G....

This will obviously be my "go to" answer/solution...

Do you know of any firmware updates that may bring the BR80 up to the ability to "DRY record" and add effects later??  Like the micro BR does ? (It seems to me to be the only thing missing on the 80...)
Thanks much for your help, 64G
Wulfex

64Guitars

Quote from: Wulfex on January 23, 2017, 01:06:51 PMDo you know of any firmware updates that may bring the BR80 up to the ability to "DRY record" and add effects later??  Like the micro BR does ? (It seems to me to be the only thing missing on the 80...)

BR system updates have seldom added new features They usually just fix bugs and address memory card compatibility issues. The BR-80 was last updated in November 2012 (version 1.06) and, as far as I'm aware, none of the updates added any new features.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wulfex

thanks again........too bad...
I guess I may have to keep the old Br if I need (and likely do need) the dry, on board effects option...
thanks64G

WuLfex

Oldrottenhead

just a thought (i have been drinking tho) tracks you want to import from MicroBR to BR80. Bounce them with effects added then transfer those tracks via wav editor. as i said i have been drinking but it may be a workaround. however i do that realise if you want to experiment with various effects on a dry take, that may not be an option. i have been drinking.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann