Introduction of Euzkadi16

Started by euzkadi16, April 09, 2009, 05:05:10 PM

I'm a new member to this community.  I have both a Boss Br and its big brother.  I need some help in transferring songs from the BR to my computer in a form that can be download to a cd.  I tried with a WAV file using USB but the new file on the hard disk can't be played.  Thanks for your help.

Kody

Welcome to the forum....That's funny, your computer should play a WAV file~ Are you using Windows Media Player to attempt to play the file or what? Which BR are you having the problem with?
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Thanks for the response.  The problem is with the small BR.  I'm running Windows XP and when I connect using the USB cable it seems to transfer OK, but I have problems with dragging the uploaded files to My Computer.  I have created a separate folder.  The song is 3 minutes long and about 6 mgs, but how do I get it to Media Player.  Al

Kody

Well, I'm on Vista, but you should be able to right click on it and there should be an "OPEN WITH" in the right click context menu~ then tell it Windows Media Player....Usually any MP3 or Wav files play automatically in the Media Player by just normally clicking on them...hhhmmmm..
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

launched

Hello - I'm new here as well and am still in obsessive mode with my micro. This is a great site for learning about the unit - local searches will get you a lot of what you need.

I have a question regarding your problem - Have you tried mixing down to .mp3 instead of .wav just to see if that works? I've had problems playing certain .wav files before from certain applications, but others play fine. Also, you could try manually converting the .br files with the free BR Series Wav Converter 2.0 to test a different output:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=699

Also, does your big brother unit (600 or 900) makes .wav files ok? Just trying to establish a troubleshooting point.

See you around,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

Well, I'm just playing a .WAV file I created on the Micro BR in Windows Media Player. I just dragged the files over to the PC when the USB cable was plugged in. The files are big (50 meg in this case) but work fine.

So I'm afraid it must be an issue with your PC somewhere. I'm no PC expert so can't think what it might be. The standard drag and drop works fine for me.

Forgot to say welcome aboard! Don't give up one the MBR whatever you do!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Just wanted to say welcome Euzkadi16 !! You've come to the right place. 8)

Regarding your problem I'd go with launched's suggestion. The program is easy to use, just remember to link two tracks to get a stereo wave-file.

cheers
G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........