SD card Query

Started by Padre, April 02, 2009, 06:44:41 AM

Hello,

I bought a FUJIFILM 1 GB SD card, does anyone know if this will work in my Micro BR?

Geir

Quote from: Padre on April 02, 2009, 06:44:41 AMHello,

I bought a FUJIFILM 1 GB SD card, does anyone know if this will work in my Micro BR?
I haven't tested those. Can't see them mentioned in the thred :
http://microrecorders.org/community/general-discussion/sd-cards-that-workdon't-work/0/
either.

Maybe it's about time to establish a list over cards tested. In the thred i linked to, someone mentioned that kingston cards were ok. That's not my experience!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: Padre on April 02, 2009, 06:44:41 AMI bought a FUJIFILM 1 GB SD card, does anyone know if this will work in my Micro BR?

It will probably work. There's certainly no harm in trying it. I would recommend that you initialize the card in the Micro BR before using it (see page 115 of the Micro BR manual, 3rd edition). Some cards come pre-formatted and may appear to work at first. But, if you don't initialize it in the Micro BR, you might have problems with it later. So it's best to always initialize a new card before using it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

I just purchased 2 kingston 1 gb cards and initialized them both no problem, I also was using a PNY brand, 1 gb out of my camera and works fine.

shiggity

I've only used the sandisks. 1 and 2GB's. I tried a 4GB but the BR would not support it.

hewhoiscalledj

Smooth sailing with Sansdisk Ultra II (1gb) Look for them on eBay because I was able to buy an 8 pack, that's right 8, for $36. Should be all the storage I'll need.

Farmjazz

I recently discovered that "Transcend" SD cards don't work. They seem to initialize, let you record one song, then seize up. The same thing happened twice in a row, (on two different cards).

Geir

Quote from: Blue Les Paul on April 10, 2009, 06:17:52 AMI just purchased 2 kingston 1 gb cards and initialized them both no problem, I also was using a PNY brand, 1 gb out of my camera and works fine.
Hope you have better luck than me. Mine worked fine to begin with, but after a while (maybe after running low on battery a couple of times) they just give card read error when trying to record or to play the song that I was recording when running out of battery. I tried re-initializing them but no luck!!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Satchwood

I've successfully used a 1G Kingston SD card.  I was aCtually using it for mp3's for a whiLe un-Initiallized with No proBlems.  But aFter reading some of the warNings on this site, I deCided that I better initialize it before composing some originals on it.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

Quote from: Satchwood on April 20, 2009, 03:43:58 PMI've successfully used a 1G Kingston SD card.  I was aCtually using it for mp3's for a whiLe un-Initiallized with No proBlems.  But aFter reading some of the warNings on this site, I deCided that I better initialize it before composing some originals on it.
Mine also worked fine uninitialized (I'm not sure but it seems like if you put an  uninitialized card in it will be initialized !?!?!) .... until they didn't!!!!

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP !

Did i say BACKUP ?

Cheers

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........