BR600 - 2 input recording

Started by Tony, March 27, 2009, 04:25:51 PM

Tony

I'm about to be recording with a friend into a BR600.  I don't have the BR600 to check this out and I would like to prepare beforehand so I'll ask here.  Is it possible on the BR600 to record simultaneously to two independent (not stereo) tracks?  We will have a drum track already recorded but it would be nice to play bass and guitar at the same time and record them to two separate tracks at the same time.  Does anyone know if that is possible?  Many thanks.

guitarron

i have not tried this personally, but i think you can achieve this result by using a mixer-line in- panned hard left/hard right on separate tracks. track 1 thru 4 record separately. Tracks 5/6 and 7/8 are stereo- i would not use those.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony

Kody

This probably won't help you with your situation, but my BR900 is able to do this...It even has effect patches for guitar/vocal, etc. simultaneous. So maybe the br600 does ???
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

guitarron

i wonder does the 900 have 2 instrument inputs?
there is only 1 on the 600
It will do the simultaneous thing too with fx patches as well, however i it seems to be intended for use with one of the on board mic

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kody

It has 2 XLR mic inputs~ 1 Hi-Z guitar input~1TRS~ And my personal favorite RCA Line in/out...

I think the intention for the Simultaneous effects on the BR900 are for 1 guitar and 1 mic....I haven't used that feature since I first bought it 3 or 4 years ago when I had to test everything out...

The majority of the time~ I plug stuff into my separate mixer and then into the RCA Line ins....I really love both of my BRs :-* Living w/o them would be hard 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Tony

Thanks guys.  That was all helpful information.  I think the solution is to go into a mixer, get the balances right and monitor from there and then record to one track.  Then if it isn't right, we do it again - twice the fun.  And I get to buy a mixer - three times the fun!

guitarron

Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2009, 03:48:46 PMI think the solution is to go into a mixer, get the balances right and monitor from there and then record to one track. 
2 tracks- bass on 1 -guitar on 2

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder