Zooey's Sister

Started by Geir, March 20, 2009, 09:20:05 AM

Geir

Zooey's Sister
Time:
0:00
Volume:
FaBFest (banner image missing)

inspired by Arthur and Trillians flying scene from (I think) "Mostly harmless".

Quote from: Life, the Universe and Everything (D. Adams)There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.

Home alone one evening, just felt like some Rock'n'Roll. Just watched  "Hitchhikers guide.." and Bones the evening before, hence the lyrics. As many of you guys I'm not really confident singing, but what the hey... all friends here  :)

Guitar used: Ibanez Studio (ST-300). All effects MicroBR.

... and yes the vocals where recorded in the bathroom

G.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Guitar-Maniac

this is Neat m8! Love it, i thought your vocals was awsome, really
suits the music. Perhaps abit to much reverb on it.
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

Greeny

Nice one! This has a Doctor Feelgood vibe to it... just balls-out blues rock. The bathroom is a good place for vocals. Nice reverb  ;)

Bluesberry

Rock n roll all the way.  A fully realized, well played blues rock song.  Good one.  Yea love the guitar solos.  Great ending with the sink or what ever is making the water sound (can't be, can it?)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BAG

That's great. Absolutely loved it. I don't listen to all that many songs here all the way through but that hooked me......great fun.

Don't be paranoid about your vocals.....they suit the song perfectly.
I do think you've used too much effects on them though (too much echo/delay) Pull them back a bit and it won't sound so muddy.
Just a roadie again.....

Geir

Thanx for the encouragement.. you people are great! I might even post some more with vocals.

as for the water sound .. let's just say it was recorded in the bathroom  8).

mmmmm and the excessive reverb .... that's of course intended. most of it is actually put on a vocaltake that's somewhat lower in the mix. I should have held the main vocals a bit dryer, but sort of liked the result ...

anyways  ... Cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SE

Love the blues vibe and your vocal same as Greeny Dr Feelgood all the way also love your solo magic.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Wiley

Great rock'n roll sound.  Like that stuff.  I like the reverb!  Gives the voice more fullness or something.

Kody

NICE TAPPIN' Whoa!!~ You've got skillz man! 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ferryman_1957

Greats fun, loved this and a great solo at the end. Nice production job on the instruments, great rockin sound all round. You did well on the vox - it's great to have a go, and as BAG said, just clean them up a bit and you'll continue to surprise yourself. The beauty of the MBR is that you can get a good vocal sound without having to worry about expensive mikes and all that stuff.

Cheers,

Nigel