Main Menu

open eyes

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 30, 2014, 03:27:02 PM

Ferryman_1957

Nice atmosphere here Jim, I really like the bass and the spacey guitar together, they work well. The vox are a bit lost though for me, I can't really make out the lyrics (could be my ears though). Great dreamy feel though, more creativity conjured from very little.

Also, a double ended drum with a picture of a Morris Minor in a tropical paradise on it. Who would imagine that? Although I think it's more likely to be one of those old Cuban things but it looks like a Moggie to me.....

Geir

Nice one James !

Great drumming for a nondrummer ! Much better than I can  ........

Cool
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Ferryman on June 02, 2014, 02:20:40 AMNice atmosphere here Jim, I really like the bass and the spacey guitar together, they work well. The vox are a bit lost though for me, I can't really make out the lyrics (could be my ears though). Great dreamy feel though, more creativity conjured from very little.

Also, a double ended drum with a picture of a Morris Minor in a tropical paradise on it. Who would imagine that? Although I think it's more likely to be one of those old Cuban things but it looks like a Moggie to me.....
i should probably redo this one if i can remember the chords. everything about this recording is wrong. the house was full and noisy, so acoustic was recorded just using the piezo pick up as the mic pick up was picking up tv, chatter etc. when i recorded the vox, i had to have the sns down low again to avoid background noise. and again when recording the drum. and yes i did the drum last of all. so recording was not done in the best environment, i was pretty proud of the chord progression, but effects and piezo pick up made it very muddy. in fact whole mix is very muddy for all said reasons.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Nice tune brother, I don't think it's muddy but it could be remixed. Are they all stereo tracks? When I use a lot of stereo tracks I like to restrict the field of the stereo. It's still coming from both sides but say I'll have the drums full stereo, panned all the way left & right & maybe the main rhythm track. Then I'll put something panned at 30/30. I'll keep the bass at like 5/5, etc. It creates the panning field and keeps your stereo effects. Just me thinking out loud brother, I dig your tune a lot, that progression is cool & your drumming...braw!
In fact, I'm coming to Scotland, we jam, then I'm driving that drum back to Tampa!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ted

I think the mud factor gives it an off-kilter feeling -- like the barely audible spoken parts of "Brain Damage" by Pink Floyd.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Mike_S

Very weird, slightly disturbing, semi-conscious feeling listening to this. Almost like passing into the dream state. I for one think the slight muddiness adds somewhat to the vocal. Enjoyed that.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

QuoteIn fact, I'm coming to Scotland, we jam, then I'm driving that drum back to Tampa!
Rock On!
anytime hooky my door is open.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann