Drum program and importing???

Started by microhomer, March 15, 2009, 11:50:26 PM

Greetings gentlemen
        I have just purchased my Micro and in the process of running through the manual. ecstatic to see a site like this to support the micro and im sure i will be pestering you folk in the up coming weeks!!!!

If i may ask first

Is it possible to use a program like say Fruity Loops, and then import the track into the Micro?

Is there a better drum program to work with if this works?

Thanks for any advice!

64Guitars

Quote from: microhomer on March 15, 2009, 11:50:26 PMIs it possible to use a program like say Fruity Loops, and then import the track into the Micro?

You can't import MIDI files to the Micro BR. However, if you export the drum track from Fruity Loops to a WAV file, you can then import that WAV file into the Micro BR.

QuoteIs there a better drum program to work with if this works?

There are many options available. Which one is "better" is a matter of opinion.

• You can create drum arrangements in the Micro BR without the aid of any external software. See section 4 of the Micro BR manual.
  • You can use Tommy's Drum Pattern Arranger For The Boss Micro BR to create arrangements on your computer and load them into your Micro BR.
  • You can use the free BR Rhythm Editor to create patterns and arrangements on your computer. However, these patterns and arrangements cannot be directly imported to the Micro BR. You must first save them to a WAV file, then import that WAV file to the Micro BR.
  • You can use any MIDI sequencer to create drum tracks, then export these to WAV format and import the WAV file into the Micro BR. Most popular DAWs (such as REAPER) contain a MIDI sequencer.
  • You can use a MIDI sequencer that's designed specifically for drum tracks, such as EZ Drummer. Again, you must export the finished drum track to a WAV file and import that WAV file into the Micro BR.

It should be noted that, once a drum track is exported to a WAV file and imported into the Micro BR, it is no longer easily edited in the BR. The Micro BR's own internal drum arrangements, on the other hand, can be easily edited to add or delete patterns, change tempo, etc. And the BR's internal drum arrangements don't use any tracks since they needn't be recorded until the final mix.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig