Temptation - Jemima's Kite

Started by Flash Harry, April 17, 2014, 02:02:52 PM

Flash Harry

Jemimas Kite_Temptation
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Tim, obviously lolling around in the 90's, pulled this riff out of the last century and sent it winging across the Token Ring network to Scotland.

James listened and declared 'Ah cannae dae it Captain' but he was of course being his usual reticent self and he pulled this lyric and vocal out of his back pocket where it had been having a conversation with his wisdom tooth.

On a completely different continent, two brothers were considering the futility of web design (All things are transient, what will come to pass will pass, no one likes a luminous GIF any more) whilst noodling and clanging some pans together (It's a viking thing).

I on the other hand, suffering as I do from somnabular perambulation found this bass line lying on the floor at the foot of our stairs unexpectedly.

The ensuing cacophony has been put together using sellotape and string by the Green One.

Tim, James, Geir, Jarle and a little bit of me in this track - The full and current Jemima's Kite.

Anyone spot the song that we have drawn upon?

I need a cigarette
or a pen to chew
I got a pack of lucky matches
but nothing to burn

everywhere
temptation
strike up the band
sing temptation
temptation
temptation

I need to close my eyes
I'm sure I saw you blink
one day at a time sweet Jesus

I'm just a nervous wreck
I need a steady hand
I pull my blue jeans on
and head out to the night

everywhere
temptation
Strike up the band
and sing temptation
on every corner
and every bar
everywhere
temptation

strike up the band
temptation
everywhere
temptation
temptation

I need a cigarette
I need to close my eyes
temptation
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

steelguitar

I love it at the first seconds of it!!!

all is perfect : vocals, rythms (drums), guitars, synth

It really rocks, a rolling stone feel to me for the guitars

Top class collab' guys!!!

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Greeny

Electric piano, soul organ & clav done in GarageBand. Right panned guitar is me (danectro hornet), and the proper prominent guitar part is Geir.

You can't hear the sparkly spangly spinning gifs, but they're in there!

ch-ch !

Flash Harry

Jarle on drums - following the lot of us drifters around splendidly - drummers should lead not follow!
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Yes - poor Jarle having to follow the rest of our over-excited grooving! No mean feat!

Oldrottenhead

actually my wisdom tooth was still in my mouth when i sang the lyric to this, hence the slight vibrato in my voice, something to do with the interplay between tongue and tooth wobble (now there's an effect pedal i'd buy).

i think tim and i have the patience of saints (the rest of jk are slow as fork) but i must say it was well worth the wait.

i am not worthy to be in such good company.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

Grrrrrr.....will have to listen tomorrow...as I've stated many times before, the internet stops streaming in Cornwall after 10pm due to our proximity to America. That's what I reckon anyway....heard wee fragments, sounds good, wanna hear more....

netwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

I was enjoying this post before I even clicked the Play button. Mike's excellent write-up is very entertaining. :)

And the song is excellent too. As Jean-Sébastien said, it has a bit of a Stones feel to it. I love the interplay between the guitars. The bass, drums and vocals sound great too. There were a couple of Roger Chapman vocal moments that I especially enjoyed. Was that the wobbly wisdom tooth?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Satchwood

Sweet!!  I am picking up a Stones groove for sure, but pure JK!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Flash Harry

Any similarity to any old stoners is unintentional. i.e. not the Stones.
- Kurt Vonnegut.