Renaming on PC then transferring to MBR

Started by MartinH74, March 15, 2009, 05:43:38 AM

Hi All,

Am new to this so please help....

I spent about 5 hours eventually getting 3 songs recorderd yesterday. The disk was nearly full so I copied the songs from within the 'BRO' folder within the 'Roland' folder over onto my PC to free up some space. I then renamed the song names by changing the name of the folder on the PC.

I then recorded some more songs on the MBR.

Today I wanted to transfer the initial songs I recorded yesterday back on to the MBR so I could export an MP3. I copied and pasted back into the 'BRO' folder, however, although they show as being transferred over, the MBR doesn't pick them up and I can not edit them.

The strangest thing is that the songs that I didn't rename eg 'SONG0056' can be transferred over and work correctly.

Can you help? Should I only rename the songs from within the MBR?

thanks
MArtin

64Guitars

The song folders on the BR must always be in the format "SONGxxxx.BR0". When you rename a song on the BR, it does not change the song's folder name. Rather, it stores the new song name within the file "SONGINF2.BR0".

To restore the song folders which you've already renamed, you should rename them back to the required "SONGxxxx.BR0" format. The 4-digit number represented by "xxxx" isn't important as long as it is 4 digits long and unique within the ROLAND/BR0 folder.

If you want to rename songs on your PC, use BR Explorer which is a free program I wrote to help manage BR backups. It allows you to view the details of any songs on your computer or in the BR, and it lets you rename any song. You can even add a long description of the song as well as detailed notes such as track usage, recording date, lyrics, etc. See my web page in the link above for details.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website