Main Menu

One more year

Started by Hilary, March 20, 2014, 04:28:28 AM

alfstone

Quote from: Jarle on March 21, 2014, 10:15:25 AMI unlike the others can hear the interference, it sounds like a phone searching for connection right after "...I take up knitting again".

Yes, I agree, it's the classical "phone searching" noise.

Anyway the song is beautiful.  :)

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

AndyR

Yeah, sounds like the "mobile phone thing" to me too - but somewhat quieter than I get when I experience it!!

Gorgeous song, though :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hilary

I was on my own in the house and there were no phones in the room (I checked) - it's a mystery. When I listen to it back, I think it's only on 1 channel, ie the right side of the headphones - is that possible? (it also went on for a couple of hours, because I kept going back to try again).

Anyway, I recorded another song again today (albeit in another room) and no strange noises (apart from my singing).

Phew, I'm mighty relieved it's not the BR.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

AndyR

I wonder (I can't check it out, my stuff isn't portable to move near the kit) - do these wi-fi shennanigins in people's houses - wireless routers and wotnot - do they put out signals that could be picked up as "radio waves"? I would have thought not - but it just got me wondering about it, they must be transmitting on some frequency, and all it needs is something "tuned" to pick it up...

You said it was showing on the meters? Without the headphones plugged in? And we can hear it on the recording... it's not the headphones. It's the BR or something physically attached to it picking something up.

Ooh! Is the BR using a mains adapter for power? If yes, next time it happens, try unplugging it and running off batteries. Something is acting like an "arial" and there's a signal from somewhere that is strong enough for it to be picked up. When I used to record on my laptop, the power supply picked up noise that ended up on the takes. I had to always unplug it before pressing record....
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hilary

Nice try Andy but it was on batteries - I was in the bedroom and my laptop was downstairs. There's an outside chance my iPad might have been lurking and accidentally left on but I scanned the room when I was first having difficulties - it's possible I missed it though  :'(

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

AndyR

Oh, so these various modern devices do actually get in the way, then? (I don't have any of them, can't you tell?!).

Where we used to live, the electrics weren't fab. I used to have to turn the heating off when recording - otherwise you'd get clicks when it came on - Mrs R wasn't entirely happy about this process sometimes!!

Hope you get it tracked down so you know how to avoid it - "extra" noise is always a huge "mood-killer" in this recording lark... when I suffer it, I tend to end up not wanting to record at all... (er... I've got a feeling there's a song idea in there somewhere... :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hilary

I know what you mean Andy, but this was the first thing I've written in 3 months (if it's not 3 months it sure feels like it) and I was just pleased to be getting something down. Even then, I didn't really write it, I just did it. 2 done this week now so it's all good - plus I've just got my new, very lovely hat so I'm delighted (easily pleased).

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça