Main Menu

One more year

Started by Hilary, March 20, 2014, 04:28:28 AM

Hilary

one more year
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Well it's not what I was supposed to be doing this morning  ::), but this is it. There's some interference on the BR which I couldn't shake off, I've had it before and it sorted itself out (there's no phones, nothing electrical on in the room). If I sort it out  ??? I'll rerecord it.

LitB with tenor uke.

One more year
by Hilary Fox
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Redler

Nice and beautiful! Both performing and the song :)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

beautiful, one of your best haylie, that uke sounds fab, not hearing any interference at this end. but that could be my auld decrepit ears. if there is any interference, it could be caused by the effect you are using. i usually tweak effects by turning noise suppresion on. not got my mbr at hand but highlight effect hit edit button and to turn on noise suppression highlight NS (i think that's how it is displayed) and turn it on.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

Oh thanks James but I'm not using any effects (!) - it's not the noise suppression because it comes and goes and it's not my headphones as the display is still moving (the sound bar things!) without the headphones and without me doing anything  ???
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

fenderbender

Like it Hilary -
one of your best
love that uke

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Bluesberry

Sweet song, I really like the progression of your vocal, the way it goes up in circular fashion but going higher, can't explain it proper, but I sure do like the way it sounds.  Great songwriting.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

Very nice Hilary! Your vocal and the Uke are pristine.....I'm not hearing any extraneous noise in the recording and I'm listening with my headphones on.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hilary

It must be my headphones then, but it happens in exactly the same place each time I listen - very strange. On the plus side, I don't need to rerecord!

Thanks for the comments guys :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jarle

A really beautiful song. I agree with fenderbender, one of your best.

I unlike the others can hear the interference, it sounds like a phone searching for connection right after "...I take up knitting again".
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

Yes that's it and it comes back again later - sounds like electricial interference to me.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça