"Please Please Please"

Started by boneonbone, February 23, 2014, 02:30:23 PM

boneonbone

Please Please Please
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The one's a new genre for me, part country, part rockabilly, call it countribilly.   Any resemblance in this song to friends living or dead is purely coincidental.

[soundclick]12696576&q[/soundclick]

Please Please Please
© Copyright 2014

Verse 1      
She was a waitress at a diner in New Hampshire, way up north on highway 3-0-2.
I was singing with my buddies in a rock band, when she waltzed right in to do what she would do
She said "please please please I want to bring you to your knees,   if I could".

Verse 2
I thought about the offer on the table, took me fifteen seconds to decide.
Put my key straight into the ignition, fired 'er up and took her for a ride      
And she said, "please please please c'mon and bring me to my knees",  yes I would .

Bridge 1:

We were young and living life full open throttle,
Collecting markers on the open road,
I knew she knew what both of us were after,
All turbocharged and circuit overload.

Bridge 2:
So young and living life full open throttle,
But the gig was quickly coming to an end,
Wasn't easy to give up the summer joy ride,
So I circled back and saw her once again.

Verse 3:
But her daddy came to visit at the same time, he reeked of booze and looked me in the eye,
Said "thank you boy for screwin' up the summer",  I shot right back "the pleasure was all mine",
There'd be no " please please please" and no buckling at the knees, as it stood,
Would have been "pleased pleased pleased" with one more opportunity, if I could...yes I would

"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

thetworegs

thats some great mix you have going on with those guitars...love it!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Burtog

i agree the mix is really good, everything is so crisp and clear. The lyrics are great, nice that you added them to your post.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Very nice composition - melodic and catchy! The chrystal clear production is icing on the cake! Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

boneonbone

Thank you for listening and for your feedback.  I did just add a Boss Rhythm arrangement and a piano track (from a friend) in the current version.
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

Groundy

Nice one ,well composed, and such a nice clear sound.......Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

SwanSong

Simply marvelous very country and wonderful l feel to it
lyrics are well written and so is the music to it. this has
good potential for film or tv. wish u the best NEIL.!1

MoreMuSic

cool and nice song to start my monday morning - thank you