Main Menu

One Life

Started by Picker, January 21, 2014, 09:56:45 PM

Picker

1LifeV4
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Finally, got something together.  A little rushed but it will do for now.

recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

Doesn't sound rushed at all, just sounds class particularly love the vox and bass have downloaded this for further enjoyment thanks for posting

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

andy casson

Crikey I love your voice! Great song, nice mix, and I could hear in my head a really huge production on this (but that's me). Very cool, and looking forward to more

Andy

Geir

EXCELLENT !!

Love those rhythm guitars, and it's just a great song !!! Very well done !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

fmgwabp brilliant love everything about this one especially the vocals. something about it reminds me of buffalo tom but your vox is also like a combination of randy california and richard thompson, fabulous. but still stunningly original, and that ending is cool as.......
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Great song, nice riff, well produced...it's a keeper!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Picker

Awesome, I'm glad you like it. I really worked at thickening the vocals and think I might have overdone it.  I recorded with the Rock Vocal preset in the BR800, then copied it to another track slightly after the zero mark (0m:00s:00ms:02), then panned the 2 tracks opposite, then added a tweaked preset with 90ms delay and some compression.  If I got the vocal too high in the mix you could hear phasing, but if kept lower it sounded ok.

I didn't put a lot of work into the guitar, bass or drums, lots of errors.

The lyrics mostly came together in 10 minutes, waiting in the car for my wife.  We had one of those false alarm cancer scares.....you know, where u sweat for a few days to find out everything is ok.  so she thought it was quite funny that my first song about her was inspired by her impending death.  She has a wacky sense of humor.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Kenny B

WOW!!!  Another fantastic tune Picker!!!  Great recording, playing and singing ... DIG THIS!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

Fantastic tune. A really nice groove and great rythm guitars.
recorder
Boss BR-800

SwanSong

hi Picker. really loved that guitar picking. nice bouncy flow.
and wonderful lyrics and vox. u have done a masterpeice here
considering u said u rushed it. im glad u did . SOUNDS GREAT.!
Neil.!!