"Understatement" by Johnbee

Started by Johnbee, December 25, 2013, 02:51:37 PM

Johnbee

Quote from: Picker on December 31, 2013, 07:18:13 PMso....what is pizzicattos?  Violin maybe?

Yes.  Plucked instead of bowed.  Last verse.   ;)
Thank you for your kind words.

:) JB

Picker

Ok, more like a staccato bow swipe?  Creates great mood, or a nice tension.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Flash Harry

That's fantastic Johnbee - the vocals are really impressive.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

braw tell yer maw, fabulous lyrics, and the vox have a fragility that suits the lyric to a tee, vocal reminds me of wayne coyne.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Johnbee

expizzi
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Quote from: Picker on December 31, 2013, 11:36:30 PMOk, more like a staccato bow swipe?  Creates great mood, or a nice tension.

Well, not quite, Picker.  Think picking a single note on a guitar using your finger and not a pick to pluck the string. This is how it is played on a violin, viola, cello or acoustic bass.  As an example, I'll upload the section where the pizzicatos are, muting all but them and the vocals.  ;)

Also, thanks, Flash Harry and ORH!

SteveB

Oooops, I listened to the first post - is that the one?
Anyway, JohnB, it reminded me of 'Bookends' by S&G at the beginning, but beyond that it became plaintive and even more beautiful, I mean, sh*t, what would you come up with using 6/12 chords??!!
I've said before and I'll reiterate, some of the tracks uploaded here (including this one), are simply on a par with anything that a commercial studio could turn out. This track and others are testament to the talent out there seemingly being ignored by those monopolising the airwaves.
Anyway, a wonderful upload.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Kenny B

WOW!!!  This in an excellent song.  Great vox and production.

Dig the different parts with only 2 chords ... great technique.

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Picker

Quote from: Johnbee on January 01, 2014, 12:14:42 PMWell, not quite, Picker.  Think picking a single note on a guitar using your finger and not a pick to pluck the string. This is how it is played on a violin, viola, cello or acoustic bass.  As an example, I'll upload the section where the pizzicatos are, muting all but them and the vocals.  ;)

Also, thanks, Flash Harry and ORH!

Ok, we are talking about the same parts then.  I love the tension of that sound, it's great!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hi John, bit late getting to this but so glad I did. It's outstanding my friend and I hope you are proud of what you've created.  Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800