Somewhere
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A Cover of a Hendrix song.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Hendrix guitar sound down to a tee, the vox fit the bill too, great listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

funkyaxe

Mike, this is superb. The guitar and vocal are perfect. Love the guitar tone and your touch is spot on............great work here Mike.

Funkyaxe ( andy )

Hilary

Wow it sounds great - really suits you . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

Great cover, excellent playing, excellent tone. What did you use to record?
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Geir

WOW Mike this is fantastic!

Great great cover!

Quote from: bruno on October 27, 2013, 02:36:20 AMWhat did you use to record?
I was wondering the same. Sounds really great and very Hendrix!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

kenny mac

Wowww that sounds like Hendrix ,I suppose that's the best complement I can give you.

Mike_S

Thanks for listening in guys. I really appreciate it!

My gear was: Logic Pro on a Mac, A Mexican Strat and really cheap Phillips mic.

Basic drum beat put down first to play along to and then when song was complete added fills, cymbals to make more interesting and then some bass also via the computer. probably the most important bit is Guitar Rig. It is software that gives you the authentic sound of many of the famous players. I have a feeling I used a Stevie Ray Vaughan preset for the sound, fairly close to Jimi in spirit anyway and on Guitar Rig I seem to prefer those ones to the Jimi ones as they seem to have a bit more clout and I need all the help i can get to get a good raw blues sound!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

phantasm777

nice cover! I know I couldn't do any Hendrix songs!

Zoltan

I remember this song like yesterday! I was somewhere else as i hadn't found SC at that time.

I'm diggin around these old archives and as i wanted my daily dose of Mike S tunes i chose this one. The guitar sound fits well and the playing works, but what i was most surprised were the vocals.

Mike S can do Hendrix too. If there ever will be a Hendrix fest... now i know who to call.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper