Started by chunk, October 01, 2013, 02:14:45 AM

chunk

Dead Needle Through
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I tried to do a slow atmospheric dubstep type thing a la Burial

Ferryman_1957

Loving this! Nice cool groove and great sounds. I'm too old to know exactly what dubstep is (or who/what Burial are!) but this works really well and holds the interest nicely with the way you composed it.

I haven't been on here for a while so I'm not that familiar with your work - how do you build these tracks? What do you use?

Cheers,

Nigel

Hilary

It's always good Chunk and this is no exception.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

chunk

Thanks Ferryman, you're never too old for Dubstep.  Burial is musician from London whose real name is William Bevan. Here's a link to one of his tunes http://youtu.be/3EXl8hBxoHg    I used FL Studio for this.basically layering beats,cutting them up, time stretching them., used a sub bass synth , various pad synths, some vocoder sounds that I found in Reason and a sample of some record vinyl scratches.

chunk

Ferryman_1957

Thanks for the explanation, nice to hear how folks put their material together.

BillW

"The planet does not need more successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds." 
~ Dalai Lama

chunk

Hi Chunk, really put together well, love the vocoder. I believe that some of the smaller Korg synths have them built in and I can feel a Christmas GAS attack coming on if Mrs Roscoe can be persuaded that I can't possibly live without one. Keep 'em coming, love your stuff. Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

SwanSong

hi Chunk well constructed song. no matter how u played it. were any samples or
music blocks. used. just curious. as at times i use Magix.. EITHER way great job
very atmospheric. enjoyed immensly cheers NEIL