Sep/Oct 2013 Theme/Genre festival tie-breaker poll

Started by 64Guitars, August 31, 2013, 06:13:30 PM

Ferryman

Can I have a bassfest extension? I have something underway but (as usual) I will miss the deadline........

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

I'm pretty sure you can still get the banner if you send 64 a PM explaining your progress. You also need it notarized, fingerprinted, blood & stool samples & a letter from your official representative in triplicate on velum.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Speed Demon

And you will also be required to produce a note from your mom.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Ferryman

Quote from: Hook on October 30, 2013, 04:58:26 AMI'm pretty sure you can still get the banner if you send 64 a PM explaining your progress. You also need it notarized, fingerprinted, blood & stool samples & a letter from your official representative in triplicate on velum.
Thanks, I am full of sh*t so the stool sample won't be a problem.

Quote from: Speed Demon on October 30, 2013, 05:31:31 AMAnd you will also be required to produce a note from your mom.

That's a tougher call as she's been dead for 15 years. Perhaps I can get Lou Reed to ask her......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Ferryman on October 30, 2013, 03:27:04 AMCan I have a bassfest extension? I have something underway but (as usual) I will miss the deadline........

As Hook mentioned, festival extensions are usually made by a PM to me. But since I'm now aware of this one, there'd be no point. I'll watch for your post and will add it to the BassFest jukebox when I see it. Don't forget to add the Festival Submission message icon () to your post, as usual.

The rules are pretty simple. All songs submitted for a festival must be recorded specifically for the festival and must be started before the festival ends. As long as a song has been started before the festival ends and I've been made aware of it (normally by PM), then you can take as much time as you need to finish it and submit it after the festival ends. Since you've said that you have a song underway, it qualifies for BassFest and I'll be happy to add it to the jukebox whenever you post it.

What we don't want is for someone to decide to do a bass song on November 6th, for example, and post it a day or two later as a festival submission. That wouldn't qualify since they didn't start the song till well after the festival ended. The purpose of the extension is only to allow people to finish songs they've already started during the festival but were unable to complete on time.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ferryman

Thanks! I started it about three weeks ago......still struggling on as usual.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR