Judy Is a Punk by The Ramones - suggested by cuthbert

Started by Redler, August 07, 2013, 03:24:25 AM

Redler

Thanks for the listenings and comments!

When I do covers, I like to do them "on 180 degrees turnaround", because it is very difficult to me to do on same way as the original and on same time I'd like to put some different flavors on them. I've listened to Richard Cheese and Frank Bennett a lot and I like very much how they manage covering pop songs on crooner style, so that the songs really works.

Had to admit that many of my cover songs should be on RecycleFest ;)

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

It's a Bossa Nova morning here at SC, this is completely brilliant and delivered so perfectly!
Rock On Redler!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Bluesberry

Yes.........yes.....yes.......hell yes........I love it Kari.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Very cool interpretation of this song. Nicely mixed too.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Hilary

Quote from: Nick_ODH on August 09, 2013, 05:33:14 AMIt just goes to show that a song - any song - is just a bunch of words put to a melody over a bunch of chords.  Everything else - tempo, style, orchestration, key, instrumentation, is totally up for grabs.  Even the words, melody and chords aren't sacrosanct.

absolutely - I love covers that are a bit different and this is exactly that - it's very lovely Kari - one of my favourite SC covers is your version of Teenage Kicks and this is along those lines. Champion :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jarle

Fantastic work on making a cover sound anything but a cover. You have added to this song instead of just recycling it. This is great. I love it.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gnasty

This is really cool Kari. Sounds clear and what an out of the box different version. I love it man!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Hook

OTD bump! This is so cool my brother.
Rock On!

Check Out The OTD Jukebox, It's great today!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely