Boss released micro tracks for the Micro BR

Started by stujomo, February 20, 2009, 09:27:46 AM

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: stujomo on February 22, 2009, 09:19:52 AMWould be excelent if Boss would release some backing MBR files with some modified presets to go with them.
Good idea, stujomo. Even a small handful would be fun to tinker with. To be honest, I'm not sure what to do with these MicroTracks. I guess they're good practice for improv lead work or something. Either way I always am welcome to whatever Boss throws at us with MBR additions.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

beleg

henry b

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 20, 2009, 10:04:06 AMThanks for the tip! I wasn't aware of this.

Here's a link to the MICROtracks download page:

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=818&tab=downloads

Click on the "MICROtracks for MICRO BR" link just below "Downloads & Updates" which takes you to the End-User License Agreement page.

The download is a zip file containing ten MP3s by Roland's Paul Hanson and Rob Marcello, plus a PDF document with helpful notes about each MP3 (one page per song). Here's a list of the titles:

1. Metal in "Drop" C minor 115 BPM
2. Country Style in D&G 136 BPM
3. Hard Rock in A 120 BPM
4. "Quick Change" A Blues 70 BPM
5. Slamming Rock in E 180 BPM
6. Ballad in D &A minor 83 BPM
7. Euro Metal in G&C 200 BPM
8. Funk in E 135 BPM
9. Metal in D minor 159 BPM
10. Latin in B Dorian 135 BPM

Nice find, stujomo!

Does this work with the BR600.

64Guitars

Quote from: henry b on April 16, 2009, 04:27:47 PMDoes this work with the BR600.

Yes. They are just MP3 backing tracks, so you can load them into any recorder, regardless of model or brand. Of course, you'll have to first convert them to WAV format but that's easily done with a program such as Audacity or Switch. Then you can import the WAV file directly into the BR (see page 170/171 of the BR-600 manual), or use the free BR Wave Converter instead.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

shiggity

just a heads up. there is now another set of microtrax on that link. 4 more tunes.

Thanks for the link!  Do these backing tracks include bass guitar?