Moment a Jarle original

Started by Jarle, January 31, 2013, 01:54:14 PM

Jarle

Thank you for listening and your kind comments.
Quote from: Hook on February 02, 2013, 04:52:35 AM... Do you track all the music out then add vocals or does it come together in the writing process?
Usually I start out with the lyrics or part of it and an idea of the feel of the song. Then I try to find a chord progression that sounds good to my ears, where I can "hear" a melody. So I guess the answer is that it comes together in the writing prosess.
In this song I recorded the three acoustic guitars and felt that it needed some more. I added the electric guitars (I hoped they would sound a little like violins - so that is what you hear Haylie) Then the vocal melody came as a result.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

DeificDave

Very good, great texture, I particularly like the vocals on this one, they work very well with the guitar parts, in some respects it reminds me of early music played by the Kronos Quartet ...well done!   
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

Bluesberry

Hot damn this is cool......cool....cool......and very good. Well done indeed.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Nelson

Outstanding composition.
Impressive guitar work and vocals.

Sounds like Queen gone acoustic.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

bruno

Highly experimental - great sound. It kind of reminded me on something Jethro Tull would do - I could almost hear a flute in this one.
Great stuff Jarie - I love music that makes you think, and this is defo in that category.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Geir

yes this is really good. like Farrell I love the creative writing here and I especially like the harmonies.

well done
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

i thought i already commented on this one. kinda gets inside you weird and wonderful.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 04, 2013, 01:35:54 PMkinda gets inside you weird and wonderful.

Yep, I couldn't think of what to say, but that kinda summed it up nicely.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1