Main Menu

Eternal Love

Started by Hilary, January 26, 2013, 04:36:21 AM

Hilary

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I feel a bit of a fraud - not really a song, more of an idea for a song.
Warning, it's very dark and dramatic (hopefully) in my usual do-down kinda way.
Please don't listen if you're feeling low and in need of cheering up coz it really won't help.

Just an idea guys, nothing more  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jarle

This is a great idea. You have to pursue this. It is really emotional.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

SwanSong

HI Haylie i ag ree with comment posted already  ..surely u have a great
song here. ..beautiful voice.. anythought for my idea of adding a soft
string or violin. ??  IF u wish i think i could play with this and give me
a shout . it s ur call great song cheers NEIL.!

Geir

I really should have read the label ::)    ....   oh well .....

agree with my brother .....  this should definitively be developed into a full song ....  much too short, but still one of your best Haylie
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

Very nice tune! As a fan of short tunes (loved under2minfest) I'm torn, I could definitely hear this developed into more but it's cool the way it come quick and disappears.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hilary

Oh thanks guys - I've actually written a second verse and bridge . . .

I don't want to wait for fate
The time is now, will you come for me?
Will we walk together towards the light?

A cold lullaby soothes me to sleep
Rescues me

repeat first verse

and will rerecord it soon - it'll still be short - I think the 2 verses say all that needs to be said. It's a serious subject, I want to treat it with respect.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Greeny

I really like the simplicity of just vocal and guitar for this subject matter. It does come and go too quickly though. It's an emotional piece so it needs to keep you there a bit longer after it's drawn you in. Like the songwriting and lyric very much - will look forward to a finished version.

Jarle

Just had to listen to this one more time.
Still looking forward to the finished song.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

AndyR

Oh this is the biz. When you've got the second verse in place I think it'll be perfect. Like Hook, it actually works for me in the short "one verse" state, but I think the second verse will nail it.

On the subject matter - for me, I don't think you need to worry about it too much. It's a difficult idea to get across right, but I think you've managed it. You can listen to it as just a nice song with a nice vocal on it, with an emotion and feeling you can't quite define, but you can feel it.... When you look into the lyrics you feel "oh that's sad" and it makes the song even prettier in a "cold" way. The only thing I'd watch out for is making it too long - we all tend to "like" hearing people's sadness... but once we've "got it" we tend not to want them going on about it too much... I guess we can't handle it or something?

Anyhoo... gorgeous song :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

SE

Just terrific vox with your  acoustic, great recording too, is there more?, would love to hear it.
recorder
Boss BR-80