Using the MicroBR with the digitech live vocalist 4

Started by joevocht, February 10, 2008, 11:32:58 AM

Hi...The digitech LV4 is an amazing harmonizer (vocal) made to be played with the guitar. e.g. uses the guitar chords for the correct key. I used the drum machine from the BR as input...made the recording using the line output from the amp (pignose studio 60 allows you to hear through the amp while using the line output) into the line input on the BR...results were great....this is truly an amazing machine (the BR) with many possibilities!!!

Pedro

That's pretty cool.

What is the digitech LV4? Is it a plugin or a standalone effect processor? It creates harmony in the Key you choose? I mean, I could choose A Major and then it would create harmonies for each note of the Key?

The LV4 is a stand alone rather large floor pedal that allows you to either instruct it as to the key and mode you are playing,,,or let it do its thing e.g. create 2,3,4,and 5 part harmony depending upon the chord progressions you play...it is incredibly intuitive and the voices sound so real that one guy was using it with the gender harmony and his wife wanted to know where the girl was!! It cost 499, but there is a smaller version LV2 that allows the harmony but with little editing. Check out the digitech site.

Pedro

I just did and also checked soem youtube demos. This thing sounds great! It just follows your chords and puts the right notes.  :o

Its getting so easy to make music that I bet it will lose all the fun one day!

No we won't lose all the fun...its just another tool and for singer guitarists its a great thing to have as long as you don't overdo it like everything else in life. I find it very dramatic to use for chorus' of songs. By the way, those videos you made were done very well and your command of the language is very good...I am a retired English teacher!

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI am a retired English teacher!
does that mean i am not the oldest auld bugger here now. lol. excuse ma grammar, she's hard of hearing.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

Quote from: joevocht on February 12, 2008, 10:01:54 AMNo we won't lose all the fun...its just another tool and for singer guitarists its a great thing to have as long as you don't overdo it like everything else in life. I find it very dramatic to use for chorus' of songs. By the way, those videos you made were done very well and your command of the language is very good...I am a retired English teacher!

Yes, I agree. It is a very impressive tool and must be used with caution.  :D There is this singer doing a song in youtube that uses it almost all the song and it can get a bit tiresome.

Your comments about my english just boosted my self-esteem levels to the roof. Thanks  ;D

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 12, 2008, 10:06:24 AMdoes that mean i am not the oldest auld bugger here now.

I created a poll in the Yahoo! BossBr group to get an idea of the ages of the members. I was quite surprised to find that most of the members are over 40. In fact, we have more members over the age of 60 than we do under the age of 30!

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/BossBr/surveys?id=2317542

I would guess that the low price of the Micro BR might attract more young musicians, but I could be wrong. It might be interesting to conduct an age poll here.

I wonder if Roland/Boss is aware that their market is largely made up of old farts?   :)  (I'm 51)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Pedro

That's very interesting, considering things I must be one of the youngest (I'm 20!).

QuoteI would guess that the low price of the Micro BR might attract more young musicians, but I could be wrong. It might be interesting to conduct an age poll here.

I wonder if Roland/Boss is aware that their market is largely made up of old farts?   Smiley  (I'm 51)

I also think that (I mean for example: Micro BR looks like an Ipod, young people love Ipods :D).

I guess that maybe a lot of young people use BR's but they just don't go online and talk about it. But that would be plain odd. Zoom has a large young people market with the Zoom H4 and H2. And what about Tascam and Fostex?

What's the oldest brand between Roland, Tascam, Fostex and Samson?

Creating a poll like that would be very interesting indeed. Might just create one now.