Main Menu

It's Raining

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, January 11, 2013, 12:45:20 PM

My Song 3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, I've been trying to get to grips with the midi controller and this sort of came about. Lots of room for improvement but it's a start. Hope you enjoy..............Willie

Raining, oh it's raining
It's pouring down
All over me
I'm floating , just floating
All adrift
All at sea

Well I'm drowning in my floods of tears
I'm drowning in my doubts and fears

Drifting. well I'm just drifting
Beneath the leaden sky
That covers me
Praying, I'm just praying
Let these tears end soon
and set me free.

Chorus,Inst, verse 2,Chorus, Inst, verse 1, outro.

recorder
Boss BR-800

Burtog

Sounds like a good start to me Willie, what did you get all the sounds on?

Nice guitar solo sound too!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Nice Willie! I don't know much about a Midi controller at all so whatever you're doing, it sure sounds to be working in this song! I like the keys melody that follows the lead vocal. Your restrain on the mellow lead guitar sounds excellent and it fits perfectly with the songs mood as do your vocals. Well done and keep that Midi controller fired up!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Simon M

Really like this, very atmospheric. Puts me in mind of The Boss in Tunnel Of Love era. If you get time could you go through what this midi device is and how you created the backing, what software etc.?

Great tune

Cheers

Simon

Hilary

Everything just fits together perfectly Willie - one of my favourites.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

Yea brother' I dig your tune. Definately get that Boss comparison & i'd like to know more about this toy.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Curd

I think it's fine just as it is.  Very real. 

Hi guys and thank you for your interest. The midi controller is a 49 key (I think) M-Audio keyboard which I use with Garageband which holds a lot of midi sound files. Unfortunately I can't play a keyboard which is why the timing is a little dodgy in places. I use an M-Audio Nova mike for the vocals which with my voice are always a bit hit and miss.The guitar used on this is the PRS SE played through a small Fender Mustang controlled soundwise by Fender Fuse software which I really like now I'm getting used to the fingerboard width. I hope this answers the question, if not drop me a PM..............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Lovely track Willie - I'm a big fan of Garageband. Note that you can play into Garageband - but easily extend as a loop - so you only need to get the keys right for a small phrase - and then voila-la, you are sorted for the whole tune.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Simon M

Thanks Willie for the info. I'm running a PC, so garageband is out at the momnet, till my numbers come in at least.  8)