MP3 Trainer settings

Started by playbass, February 10, 2008, 01:03:45 AM

Just got the Micro Br and using the MP3 trainer feature.
Following concerns compared to the TASCAM Bass Trainer.

a) Mix level
Obviously it is not possible to adjust the Mix level between MP3 and bassgitarre connected. Sens+Input of the GIT input set to max, but the MP3 is too loud. What can I do? In the TASCAM there is a MIX level, where you can adjust the mxing of song and instrument levels.
b)  Bass boost + Center cancel
Well nice features, but as a bass player I would like to have a BASS CUT feature.

All these features are available in TRACK mode but not in MP3 mode. Any suggestions? I suppose I am not the sole bass player with a Micro BR on this planet.

Keep on grooving!
Cheers Jens

Pedro

Playbass welcome to the community! Its awesome to have a bass player on board!

a)That's odd, with the input knob and the SNS paremeter max you should have a good volume. The only thing I can suggest is that you edit the Effect patch you use to higher volume. For example if you are using Bass Crunch go to AMP then Master and put it on 100. Also set the volume to max on your bass guitar (but you should know that).

b)Import your MP3 to Track mode, there is an IMP tool in UTILITY, on MP3 Mode. You can't use the time or center cancel tools on the track mode though.

Are you learning a song or something?

Well, yes - it is to convert the mp3 into a track and then doing everything like mixing and EQ there.

Canceling bass ist best done with EQ and not with Center Cancel and "time stretch" is nothing what I use often.
Identify the chords played means identify scale played mostly means easily to identify notes played in a solo to me.

I use it for recording band rehearsal and play along options or just improve solos (Jazz Quartetts).

Hello... I'm new here so be patient with me please. I know this is an old thread but this is a common problem and one of the first that new users (like me) will want to know about so here goes. I just used a free mp3 editor like Audacity and cut about 6 db off of the mp3 file then export it to mp3 with a different name (so your original remains unchanged) and I use that file on the MBR to train to. A good work around... Cheers.

Kody

Audacity to the rescue again! Man~ there are so many reasons why I love Audacity, and here's another one~ Thanks!....Welcome to the community Tbone192!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One