Copying Stereo Tracks on BR-800

Started by iluvchiclets, November 30, 2012, 12:12:52 PM

iluvchiclets

Hi everyone,

I used the on-board track editing on my BR-800 today for the first time, and it was relatively painless.

One thing I wanted to do was copy a stereo recording and copy it 4 times to the same tracks.  When I enter the track editing menu, it offers me the choice of the source track as 1, 2, 3, etc, but not a stereo track (i.e., 1+2, 3+4,)

Am I missing something, or am I thinking too hard about this?  I want to copy this specific portion of a recording, but I want to make sure I don't lose any of the stereo imaging.

Thank you for reading!

64Guitars

Quote from: iluvchiclets on November 30, 2012, 12:12:52 PMOne thing I wanted to do was copy a stereo recording and copy it 4 times to the same tracks.  When I enter the track editing menu, it offers me the choice of the source track as 1, 2, 3, etc, but not a stereo track (i.e., 1+2, 3+4,)

Are you sure? On my BR-864 the possible values for the tracks are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 34, 56, and 78. Those last four are stereo pairs. I would expect the BR-800 to work the same way but I don't have access to a BR-800 to verify it.

When the cursor is on the track number, just turn the dial and keep turning past track 8. You should see 12, 34, 56, and 78.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

iluvchiclets

64Guitar,

My dear friend - you are awesome!  Thank you very much.  :)