Blues Jam Bluesberry Fills

Started by Bluesberry, February 06, 2009, 12:49:23 PM

Bluesberry

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Got this excellent Blues jam fun challenge from the link below:
http://microrecorders.org/community/collaborations/blues-jam-needs-fills/msg12206/#msg12206

I have added some fills to it.  I used a Les Paul with a bit of gain to go against the clean Strat sound.  This was a great idea.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tafka

nice playing with great "replies" about half way and nice ending.
i only posted the track 3 hours ago on Forte8's suggestion.

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Bluesberry

Thanks Tony, I am off work today so I am playing a little guitar and posting a few.  I was very happy when I found your "fill in the blanks" post.  I really had fun with this.  I tried to follow where you were going but I didn't want it to sound like I was copying.  I can't wait to hear forte8's version. 

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 06, 2009, 01:54:21 PMI can't wait to hear forte8's version. 
No pressure then ;D ;D
I listened last night on crappy laptop speakers and they didn't do it justice .....(note to self don't ruin peoples work with crappy speakers)
Fired up the monitors and WOW there is some great call and responses going on
Well Done Bb  8)
I'm off to see what I can do ;)

Bluesberry

QuoteNo pressure then
Thats right, all good natured competition to help us all improve.  You guys are great and I am having a blast trading jams, licks with you.  It helps to hear what somebody else does, really listen and then try very hard to come up with something of your own that fits in.  It doesn't have to be better than anybody but your own last post  ;D, we are really only competing with ourselves to continually improve.  I really liked this one, I am thinking of doing a version where I play my acoustic because I am really trying to improve acoustic blues playing, a project for this weekend.  Its like we are having a virtual jam session, separated by time and distance, but still trading licks and learning from each other, its brilliant.  Listen to Tony's masterful invitation and play your heart out like you can do, it will be good. 

Man o man, the more I listen to Tony's playing the more I love that strat sound he gets, great playing Tony, it gives me goose bumps at some parts.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hardlock

Wow, have this one DLed and was going to give it a try once inspired but after hearing both forte8 and bluesberrys versions now, I'm doubtful I can contribute anything worthy.  :-[

Very good work guys!  If nothing else, I'll practice the heck out of it and see what develops!  ::) 

Makes for some great contrast styles to study.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

tafka

i could post an acoustic rythm in collabs for you to jam to if you would like just let me know.

Tony
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Bluesberry

Quote from: Witchita on February 08, 2009, 02:53:27 AMi could post an acoustic rythm in collabs for you to jam to if you would like just let me know.

Tony
Yes by all means that would be super Tony.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Witchita on February 08, 2009, 02:53:27 AMi could post an acoustic rythm in collabs for you to jam to if you would like just let me know.

Tony

Me Too ;D ;D ;D