Main Menu

Br-80

Started by Dake Mingus, August 26, 2012, 08:17:18 AM

I'm new to this, so this might be a dumb question. With the Boss BR-80 (haven't gotten one yet) you choose track 1-2 or 3-4, etc.  Can I just record to track 1 and not 1 and 2. It seems to defeat the purpose of 8 tracks if you're going to use two tracks for everything you record. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

64Guitars

When you select a track, you will be prompted to choose just one of the tracks or the pair:

Several of the effects in the BR-80 are stereo, so you'll want to record to a pair of tracks for the best sound. You'll also record to a pair of tracks if you're using a keyboard instrument with stereo output. But when recording a mono source such as a single voice or a guitar with only mono effects, you can record to a single track.

By the way, don't think of the BR-80 as an 8-track recorder. Think of it as a 64-track recorder with an 8-channel mixer. All 64 tracks have the same capabilities but you can only play back 8 at a time due to the mixer section. So whether you're using stereo track pairs or single mono tracks, you've got plenty of tracks available.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Thanks for the quick response clearing that up for me. Now I'm excited for the unit to arrive.