The Top(new song by kenny mac)

Started by kenny mac, July 16, 2012, 02:37:28 PM

kenny mac

The Top
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a song with an upbeat message,as some songcrafters know after a long spell of being immobilized I finally got
my long awaited operation on my knee and things are looking up so heading to the top is about giving yourself a kick and moving in the right direction.
I started this about 2 pm today and it just flowed so here it is hot off the press ,hope you guys like it. :)

bruno

Real nice song Kenny, lovely solo. The only thing is the vocals sounded a little muffled/wooly to be, perhaps that just my ears after the weekend of loud scremo bands :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

The top
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Cheers Bruno,I done a remix and added a bit of eq and rolled off some bass.
When I go away from the rock stuff and sing in the lower register my voice gets a natural rasp so sometimes its a battle but hey cheers,think the new mix sounds better for it :)

bruno

That's miles better (to my ear) - I think the new mix is much, much clearer.
Great stuff.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

cheers mate ,Thanks for your input.

andy casson

Nice one Kenny, I can't write a cheery song to save my life! I went straight to the re-mix, vocals sounded great, and cool solo. I have every sympathy with knee problems!!!

andy

kenny mac

Cheers mate,on a cheerier side I discovered songcrafters while Ive been off  :)

Geir

Well done Kenny !

really a nice song with a great Knopfleresque solo to boot !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

Yea man, great tune here. I know about the rasp but mine is opposite, when I go higher I get the rasp.
Great solo, really dig it!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

DeificDave

Rockin' I like it ..job well done !
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos