Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Hook

Quote from: Mike_S on August 14, 2017, 05:49:00 AMand another idea...

Homelessness Fest...

or a fest to do with a disadvantaged group of some sort. I just thought people that are homeless could be a good creative well too for lyrics.

Perhaps a "HomeFest" which would encompass the homeless as well as countless other interpretations.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

Quote from: Hook on August 14, 2017, 06:45:23 AM
Quote from: Mike_S on August 14, 2017, 05:49:00 AMand another idea...

Homelessness Fest...

or a fest to do with a disadvantaged group of some sort. I just thought people that are homeless could be a good creative well too for lyrics.

Perhaps a "HomeFest" which would encompass the homeless as well as countless other interpretations.

Sounds good
recorder
iPad GarageBand

ODH

Banal fest

Write a great song about a banal subject.  The more mundane the better.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Groundy

How about one for your, Most hated song?

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Speed Demon

James, you know you're really old when your wife bakes you a birthday cake and she has to reinforce it with rebar
so it won't collapse from the weight of the candles. Then she has to get a burning permit from the fire department
before she can light all those candles.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Speed Demon

Alex, I hate that song so much I refuse to play it.

I wouldn't play it at my worst enemy's funeral. And I know he hated it.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Jean Pierre

Is the subject "road trip song" already been treated ... it's a theme that I find interesting

if not, I propose ... and here on a website found by chance a list of the 50 best road trip of all time

liste and reference here

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/music/50-best-road-trip-songs

There is plenty to do

For my part I propose an English translation of a song of Graeme Allwright "take me" (that I did in French but that I will translate for our English-speaking friends)
Graeme Allwright (born 7 November 1926) is a singer-songwriter. Born in Wellington, New Zealand, he moved to France in 1948. He began to perform and write folk songs a few years later

thanks for your attention guys

nb: a question 

Are there any road trip songs in Italian, Spanish, etc....?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

64Guitars

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on November 20, 2017, 12:02:32 AMIs the subject "road trip song" already been treated ... it's a theme that I find interesting

Thanks for your suggestion. It has been in the poll choices several times but hasn't won yet.

I'm sure it will be in the poll choices again in the future. Perhaps it will do better then.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website