"Oh, Pretty Woman" by 64Guitars and oldrottenhead

Started by 64Guitars, April 24, 2012, 02:36:20 PM

SwanSong

FANTASTIC GREAT RENDITION , GREAT COVER
CHEER S NEIL.........................................!!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Brilliant brilliant!

The track is super. Clinical and exact, really tight. How have you recorded the bass?

ORH vox as good as ever.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Fabulous version guys !! Top notch performance and production !

For me I think the reason the player didn't work is that I could not yet sing up for the google drive feature:
Quote from: Google DriveGoogle Drive is not ready yet
I signed up to get a notification for when it's ready, and will retry the player when that happens
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Quote from: Flash Harry on April 25, 2012, 06:43:29 AMHow have you recorded the bass?

It's my 1962 Gibson EB0 plugged straight into the BR-864's guitar input. I used the BR-864's "FLIPTOP" preset effect patch which models an Ampeg tube bass amp with a bit of chorus and compression.

Quote from: Geir on April 25, 2012, 06:59:09 AMFor me I think the reason the player didn't work is that I could not yet sing up for the google drive feature:
Quote from: Google DriveGoogle Drive is not ready yet
I signed up to get a notification for when it's ready, and will retry the player when that happens

Today, the player's not even working for me! That suggests that the URL has my IP address embedded in it. Since my ISP assigns IP addresses dynamically, I'll have a different IP address today than I had yesterday and the URL will no longer work for me. :(

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

Quote from: 64Guitars on April 25, 2012, 08:17:24 AM
Quote from: Flash Harry on April 25, 2012, 06:43:29 AMHow have you recorded the bass?

It's my 1962 Gibson EB0 plugged straight into the BR-864's guitar input. I used the BR-864's "FLIPTOP" preset effect patch which models an Ampeg tube bass amp with a bit of chorus and compression.

Ah, I see. Not available to the MBR users.

I'll have to use my bass Pod.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

bruno

Great job guys, very authentic - and loved the trem in the middle :-)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

dobrodaddy

Well that just kicks butt!  Well done ORH and 64!  Love the vox and guitar work.  Excellent touch w the tremolo guitar.  Bass and drums are spot-on.  Sweet production!  DD 

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

Tony H

It worked fine for me. Nice interpretation on the guitar.
Tony

recorder
Boss BR-800

T.C. Elliott

Sounds good. I like the true-to-the-original vocal inflection as well as the music track. Solid recording.

And since it's 64g - are the tones used on the drum track stock or did you import them via toneload? I liked the snare sounds especially well.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London