iPOD and effects

Started by robman84, January 21, 2009, 04:10:33 PM

Hi, I'm just about ready to buy a Micro BR but despite searching for a long time on here I've not found the answer to my question. Looking in the manual it seems if I plugged my iPOD into the Micro BR in the Line In input I would only have access to a very limited set of effects, and specifically not those using FX (chorus, flanger etc.)

Have I misunderstood? I'd like to be able to route things like soft-synths and guitar simulators on the iPOD into the Micro BR and access the Amps, FX etc.

Thanks and apologies for the newbie question (or is that a WILLBE question?)

Flash Harry

Line in has a limited number of effects, this is true. However the effects that are built in to the MBR are intended for use with a guitar,. I'm not sure how these would affect a synth.

It's primarily a guitar recorder.

There are others that would be better suited for a synth.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

You can use any of the Micro BR's effects with any of the inputs. It merely defaults to the bank associated with the selected input. So, yes, if you select the line input, it will default to the Line effects bank. But there's nothing preventing you from changing the bank to the Guitar effects bank, Mic effects bank, or External Mic effects bank. Just move the cursor to the bank name in the display and change it with the VALUE -/+ buttons.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Brilliant. Thank you so much. I can now get spending!