Main Menu

Uh-Haa

Started by bruno, March 04, 2012, 05:20:28 AM

Hook

This is some great playing brother!The breathing didn't bother me at all, but I just got a small but effective mic shield made by the Sterling company. Its called the UMC (Utility Microphone Shield) and I love it. I'll post some pics later, I tried to search but I found nothing, not even on the Guitar Center site and I bought it at their store. It cost me $40 and I'm going to get another so I don't have to keep moving it. I use it behind my mic for vocals and it really did clean up the tone and boost my level a bit. I forgot to turn off my monitors on one tune and the I was floored at how much speaker sound was cut off from the mic. I ended up using the track. I also use it over my instrument mic when I'm recording live and it cut's a lot of my vocal off the instrument track. It's very cool perhaps someone with a little more search savvy can dig something up because it's a great buy in my book.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Blooby

Love that groove. Great playing all around, but that bass speaks to me.

As for the mic, I am coming to grips with a new Blue mic that is also much more sensitive than I am used to.  If nothing else, it should clean up my playing.  My issue is the stray string noise or pick click.

Blooby

bruno

Thanks for all the comments all.
Hook - will look into that Utility Microphone Shield, they look quite cool, but seem very expensive in the UK. Perhaps I'll have to wait till my next trip to FL, and buy one states side :-)
B.

Added some piccies of the guitar (Small bodied Brook Taw, Walnut Body, Spruce Top) ...

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Jean Pierre

it s very pleasant in songcfaters to have some link with old message like here dear Bruno

what a beautiful guitar! the back is it in Palissandre?

Nota bene; and the song is great ( lead guitar and specialy the bassline...)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

andy casson

Crikey this rocks and then some MR B! Wonderful playing, and the new mic seems to be fit for purpose! On the breathing, yep I have had this as well, discovered using the vocal booth thingy I bought a while ago cut it out (http://www.amazon.co.uk/LD-Systems-Microphone-Screen-Vocal/dp/B004UKTJ1M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450502920&sr=8-2&keywords=microphone+booth)
Great listen!
Andy

Redler

Wow! Really nice groove here... Brilliant acoustic funk, imo! Excellent job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnny Robbo

Lovely sounding guitar, recorded beautifully. Great funky groove... not something you normally associate with acoustic. Brilliantly done, mate :)
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

bruno

Thanks for the bump - this is quite an old one! This guitar was newly built when I recorded this, and it's sound has deepened quite a bit now :-)

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on December 18, 2015, 12:25:41 AMit s very pleasant in songcfaters to have some link with old message like here dear Bruno

what a beautiful guitar! the back is it in Palissandre?

Nota bene; and the song is great ( lead guitar and specialy the bassline...)
The back is Cherry I believe. Its hard to tell, as every guitar is unique, the collect wood from anywhere and everywhere. Top is spruce. They have a room full of woods collected for all kinds of places. I have two, the second one is made from a mahogany door reclaimed door from a local council. Some real good has come from the opulence of local councils - and that thought always pleases me :-) nb One of their customers had a tree that had to be chopped down, thought it was a nice piece of wood, and the chaps at Brook built him a guitar with it. That's really cool.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

Nice one Bruno! The acoustic's natural tone sounds great as is your off the cuff soloing. I noticed you said the guitar's tone has darkened with age. I like a mellow, darker tone on acoustics so I'm assuming that's a good thing. It's a real beauty of a guitar. As far as the mic picking up your breathing, you could practice holding your breath for two minutes, lol, but that's not practical. I wouldn't have noticed but you mentioned it......still doesn't detract from the song. I wouldn't worry much about it. Nice work!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?