help with br-900

Started by Hook, August 19, 2011, 08:36:29 AM

Hook

Ok I tend to be a little stupid with the tech side of sound & recording and am having some issues. I'm working on a tune and am getting the "drive busy" error. I backed up the song onto a cd and put it onto a blank card and was just playing it back and it stopped short with the same "drive busy". I've been looking through old posts and see this is somewhat common. I plan to re-intialize the card and try again. I also thoght to check my firmware and I'm still using 1.02 so I should update. The last time I updated I found instructions to download onto a disc then use the cd drive to upload the firmware, but I can't seem to find that method again. I downloaded the update from boss but I can't even open it. I could use some very dumbed down assistance if it's available.
 64 guitars might remember me not understanding the wave converter years ago (yahoo group), I did finally figure that out and love it. I'm not hopeless just a little slow!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

You definitely should update your firmware. The latest version (2.12) includes fixes for CompactFlash card compatibility and specifically addresses "Drive Busy" errors. It also includes new effects patches and amp models derived from the Boss GT-PRO.

I'm attaching instructions for updating your firmware, and documentation for the new patches and amp models.

The version 2.12 update can be downloaded here:

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/dld.cfm?PRODUCT=BR%2D900CD&iRcId=1812328&dsp=1

It comes as a Zip file which you should unzip to an empty folder on your computer. This will create the three update files "br900prg.bin", "br900upd.br0", and "UPDATE.INF". Copy these three files to the root directory of an empty CompactFlash card, as described in the instructions.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig