THE 'SONGS WITH BACKING TRACKS' THREAD...

Started by Greeny, December 04, 2008, 04:48:48 AM

Greeny

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I hope this is OK with everyone - I thought we should have a specific thread for songs made with backing tracks. This will help to keep them separate from all the original compositions, but gives them their own space to be heard.

Is this OK with everyone?  :)

Greeny

Here we go then  :D

Here's my 'Four Seasons in One Day' Crowded House cover - using a backing track which oldrottenhead kindly posted for me (after his own excellent Solsbury Hill cover).

I think you must have known this song would fit my voice like a glove, ORH, because it was as comfortable to sing one of my own tunes! So thanks ORH... this was a lot of fun to do.

By the way... I'm not TRYING to sound like Neil Finn, it just seems to naturally go that way.

p.s. THERE'S 10 SECONDS OF SILENCE AT THE START OF THIS...

Oldrottenhead

new you could do it tim, great stuff cannea see the join,fae where neil ends and tim begins
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 04, 2008, 06:18:37 AMnew you could do it tim, great stuff cannea see the join,fae where neil ends and tim begins

Do you reckon there's any call for a Crowded House tribute band? And could it be combined with a Peter Gabriel tribute?!

:D

Flash Harry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 04, 2008, 06:18:37 AMnew you could do it tim, great stuff cannea see the join,fae where neil ends and tim begins

It's uncanny.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

heres my go at dont dream its over by crowded house.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

thought a better stick solsbury hill here as well
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 05, 2008, 06:12:15 PMheres my go at dont dream its over by crowded house.

Nice job, ORH. This is a bugger to sing.... those high notes are killers, but you did it beautifully  :)

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I need to re-do my crowded house one! It's amazing how much I've moved on vocally in a year.