Bloody Wankers by @#*&!

Started by Gritter, April 19, 2011, 03:32:50 PM

Gritter

Bloody Wankers
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A trip down memory lane...

From 1990 @#*&! (A Cartoon Swear) studio recording. This was the quirkiest of our quirky songs. I think our live energy was best captured in this particular recording. Recorded on reel-to-reel (2 inch ?), and duped to casette 20 years ago, so please excuse the minor drop outs. Listening to this old stuff really makes me appreciate what great lyricist we had.

Thanks for listening.

Sandy.

Bloody Wankers
written by Kent Alstad
vocals and guitar - Kent
bass - Kris
drums and backing vocals - Sandy

Geir

Hey ... you were a drummer ? !!!!!

Cool tune Sandy ! Love the energy !

Kent Alstad? That sounds kinda Sweedish ???
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gritter

Quote from: Geir on April 19, 2011, 03:49:40 PMHey ... you were a drummer ? !!!!!

Cool tune Sandy ! Love the energy !

Kent Alstad? That sounds kinda Sweedish ???

Thanks Geir. I still consider myself a drummer!

Alstad origin:

Norwegian: habitational name from any of ten or so farms, most in Trondelag, named Alstad, from a personal name + Old Norse sta{dh}r 'farmstead', 'dwelling'.

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

cuthbert

That was terrific!  8)

And sounds pretty crisp considering it came from a cassette. And somehow I knew you played the drums...you probably have mentioned it previously.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

A drummer......way cool Sandy.......do you own any drums now?  I guess not or we would have heard them by now.  You need to get yourself a nice reasonably priced E-drum set like the Roland HD-1 to thrash about on in the privacy of your home.  What a great song, this is deadly.  You are a legend man.  The vocalist sounds a bit like your voice.  I love your crashing cymbals there.  You are a damn fine drummer, tight and groovy.  Damn, great frigging drumming, jazzy almost.  Thats some sweet jazz-punk drumming.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Quote from: Bluesberry on April 19, 2011, 04:28:24 PMA drummer......way cool Sandy.......do you own any drums now?  I guess not or we would have heard them by now.  You need to get yourself a nice reasonably priced E-drum set like the Roland HD-1 to thrash about on in the privacy of your home.  What a great song, this is deadly.  You are a legend man.  The vocalist sounds a bit like your voice.  I love your crashing cymbals there.  You are a damn fine drummer, tight and groovy.  Damn, great frigging drumming, jazzy almost.  Thats some sweet jazz-punk drumming.
Thanks Dave. I still got drums, though I don't get a chance to play them much. Wife won't allow them in the house. I've had them in storage for a few years but recently set them up in my mom's basement so I've been on them a couple times in recent weeks. Usually when I jam with the guys, a handful of times a year, we rent a space that comes with a kit. I provide snare, kick pedal and cymbals.

Here's me on them about 10 years ago in my buddy Kris's basement. We used to jam there on Sunday nights in the early 2000's until he moved to London, England. He moved back here last summer but we are doing the rental thing when we jam. He's got a wife too...

They are Pearl Custom Masters.

Bluesberry

Great picture.....now I see why your guitar parts always have such a strong sense of groove and timing.  Seriously, you should look into a Roland HD-1.  The Entry level Roland kit, put headphones on and they are pretty damn quiet to the rest of the house, sounds fantastic in the headphones.  Plug them into a bass amp for some serious boom-bang.  I just got a set 2 months ago and am slowly teaching myself to drum, and I see what the appeal is now. I can't stay away from the damn things.  I play them every day since I got them.  And they don't bother my wife at all.  She even thinks they look funky sitting in the spare bedroom.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann