Simple way to use rhythm!

Started by cvolker, November 29, 2008, 08:18:24 PM

cvolker

Hi All,

I am new to the BR for about 8 days now.  I could not for the life of me get a rhythm to save (to a track, bounced track or Mp3) at all.  This is for the rookie, but an easy oversight on my part causing much frustration.
The BR has rhythm pattern (PT) and rhythm arrangements (AR) already pre-made.  If you discover a pre-made rhythm arrangement you like and would like to use, than you are in business!  Just follow this link and create your song (BTW, you don't have to put the rhythm to a track at all.) http://www.rolandus.com/uploads/CMS/Downloads/2051/MICROBRts.pdf

VERY IMPORTANT.  Before you "bounce" your tracks, make sure the rhythm is in AR (do this by pressing rhythm button than track 2), not PT mode.  THAN ADJUST THE TEMPO, because it will be at the default tempo.  Than play your rhythm while bouncing tracks at the tempo you like and BAM! Instant drum arrangement.  In other words, if your not in AR mode in the rhythm, than it will not record to your finished product or anywhere else.  The arrangements they have pre-made are great so far, so why bother making your own if you just want to lay down and idea?  Hope this helps. ;D