Katherine Lynn (original song)

Started by Bluesberry, November 28, 2008, 04:20:36 PM

Bluesberry

Katherine Lynn
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is a new song I have made this week.  Third original song in three months since getting the MicroBR. ;D This one is called "Katherine Lynn".  It ended up going a bit Alt.country sounding, funny you never know where you are going to end up when you start, it just sort of happens along the way.  Comments greatly appreciated.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

Some songs just rip your insides out and strew them as carrion on the ground. You never know which songs will get you, this one got me.
Put ya bass in the middle. MP3's screw with it

Boomshanka.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

tafka

i like this too.nice mix of guitars , and i love the country feel to this.
would like to hear Lynyrd Skynyrd doing this,kinda like Curtis Loew

Tony j.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

SE

Hey very Neil Young even right down to the guitar. One of my all time fav,s. love that trem on the guitar.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

Thank you for having a listen.  I take the Neil Young remark as a great compliment side effect, thanks.  He is for sure a huge influence on my musical style.  Thanks to this little box (MicroBR) I am having a blast writing songs.  Never attempted before, but I can't stop now.  It really is fun to turn your efforts into a MP3 and listen to it while driving to work. 

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

This sounds more like The Band to me. It's really beautifully put together, with some amazing, intricate guitar that works across all the layers. It has a feeling of an old song... one that feels like it's been around a long time. Which is just how The Band's songwriting comes across too. Kinda timeless sounding.

Really lovely...

Bluesberry

Thank you Greeny, that was exactly the feel I was going for, an old song.  Thanks for the nice comments about the guitar playing.  I always feel that I am more of a guitar player than singer or songwriter, but I am finding my way slowly thanks to the MicroBR and this forum.  Thanks to all for the support.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

alsdally

Great song, great sound.  I really enjoyed listening to it.  Has a nice rootsy feel.  That's real music for sure!  You just keep outdoing yourself.

alsdally

I really love this song, I can't stop listening to it.  You've got some really nice touches in there.  I made up a song the other day which, in comparison, is pretty lame and pedestrian, something about "me and my dog."  Might sound good if we collaborated. He is a good little dog  :)

Bluesberry

Quotesomething about "me and my dog.
;D
There have been many fine songs written about man's best friend.  Thanks for the compliment.  I find that in the beginning my songs (all three that I have written so far :D) sound pretty lame, but I keep at them and something happens along the way, it starts to feel/sound good.  At this point I start to enjoy the endless tinkering.  Keep tinkering.  You really don't know how it will turn out until it is done.  Each of my songs have surprised me when finished.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand