Stereo line in....Does this create two tracks?

Started by Rooney, November 25, 2008, 08:54:16 AM

One from the right and one from the left?

Thanks,
Ron

Greeny

Yes it does... both fully panned left and right. When it's done you'll see both tracks 'joined' by a '+' sign. This means any volume or panning changes you make will be applied to both tracks UNLESS you press them both at the same time. This then separates them to do what you want with them individually.

I probably haven't explained this very well...  :D

So if I'm understanding right, when using the stereo line in, I can record two separate tracks at once.  With a mixer, I could record the rest of the band on one track and myself on the other?

Flash Harry

Hi Rooney,

You are right, make sure that your tracks are completely separated and you will have what you want.

Once you have recorded you will see that there is an equals sign (=) between the two tracks you have recorded. This shows that they are linked. Pushing both track buttons simultaneously will un-link them. You can then record or manipulate each track independantly.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

hewhoiscalledj

Rooney, just to be clear here... you can connect the mixer to the MicroBR thru the LINE input and this will record whatever is hooked up to the mixer as track 1 and 2.

this leaves you 2 standard tracks for adding vocals, backup vocals, or other instruments. if you start bouncing tracks, you can keep adding as many musical parts as you wish.

but after reading what you posted above, i got the impression that you were going to record the band on the left channel and the vocals on the right. that would be silly and after typing it out and reading it myself... i realized you probably didnt mean that right?

Thanks guys!

Separate channels is what I want.  The reason is that some of the songs these guys play are very much their own versions of blues standards like crossroads for instance.  There is absolutely no place for me to download these songs for my own shedding at home.  In a week I will have no idea what I played the week before.  I'll remember that I liked it, but that doesn't do me much good.  I need to be able to document, so to speak, what I played and have the band alone to some up with new things or just jam along with. 

Thanks, I'm going to try it with just a little stereo tape player.  Honestly, I'm not sure that he will want to go to the trouble for me though as we practice at his club and the room is constantly hosting different bands that require the stage to be cleared and set up for every practice.

http://www.myspace.com/route33rhythmandbrews

That is the myspace for the club where we pracitce.  Killer bands come through there. 

Thanks again, will let you know my results.

Ron