Y A DES VOLUPTÉS DANS LA VIE ( there are pleasures in the life) JP cover and UP DATE

Started by Jean Pierre, September 08, 2024, 07:56:26 AM

Jean Pierre

Y A DES VOLUPTES DANS LA VIE RENDER MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
UP DATE////////////////////add video withFrench Lyrics and link with the other song of Ricet Barrier "La Marchande de Poissons" at the end of the clip...////////////////////////////////////////////

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye5913zwBjk

French singer and musician Ricet Barrier is a craftsman, an outsider in the world of song.
He didn't fill venues like Bercy, but regularly played in smaller venues where his fans, like me, could see and hear him.

His songs had very singular, original lyrics, and he was on stage surrounded by formidable musicians.

I've already covered some of his songs, even on SC, such as "la marchande de poisson".

"Y'a des voluptés dans la vie" (There are pleasures in life)

This song is an epicurean ode to life and its simple pleasures
like "drinking whisky at night under the stars, a glass in one hand and a little breast in the other 😄".

In the song there's a curious and unexpected musical quotation: "Mary had a little lamp", an English nursery rhyme of American origin dating back to the 19th century, probably introduced by one of her musicians who was English...

here's Band in a Box for harmonica (TJ Klay, from Memphis...I couldn't do better), and MT Power drum kit for drums

All others instruments by me (guitar, lap steel, basse, electric piano)

I hope you enjoy the text, which I have translated here.

There are pleasures in life!
(...)
Sirloin
Cut from the flank steak
Prunes
Drizzled with clairette
All on a barbecue
A girl on my knee
In a field of daisies
Ooouuuh!
A little glass in one hand
In the other a little breast.
(...)
On a motorcycle
In the midst of turmoil
The stopwatch
Stuck at two hundred and thirty
Bare-chested in the rain
The girl huddles
And screams down the slopes
Ooouuuh!
Then in front of a wood fire
The girl in my arms.
(...)
The bike
Lying on the beach
How beautiful
Wild summer nights
A glass of iced whisky
Girls dressed
With shell necklaces
Ooouuuh!
Playing hopscotch
With the ladies.

And dance
At night under the stars
And shout
Fart his vocal chords
And sing anything
The heart, the stomach
Or the international
Taste when you're alone
A cup of linden.
There are pleasures
(...)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

JP, c'est tellement amusant et tellement agréable... cool d'entendre parler de l'artiste aussi... ouais, une vraie chanson qui fait taper du pied et qui brûle une grange... elle ne serait pas déplacée partout où les gens veulent s'amuser avec de la musique et d'autres plaisirs comme le mentionne la chanson... et c'est vrai que la chanson est... un peu de sein et un peu de whisky et c'est le paradis..
j'adore la mélodie..

JP this is so much fun and so much pleasure... cool to hear about the artist as well... yup a real foot stomping barn burning kind of song... would not be out of place anywhere that people want to have fun with music and other such pleasures as the song mentions... and true the song is... a little breast and a little whisky and that is heaven..
loving the tune..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

What a fun, catchy song ! I've got "y a des voluptes dans la vie" going round and round in my head. Nice and bluesy and I love that BIAB harmonica. Great performance JP !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Jean Pierre

Thank you Stephen, thank you Pete, yes in France Ricet Barrier was a musical craftsman who knew how to surround himself with excellent musicians...I'll do a few other covers...why not 'les spermatozoides' which is hilarious...
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Zoltan

Ah, those french. Always seeking pleasures!

Quote from: Jean Pierre on September 10, 2024, 03:18:01 AMRicet Barrier was a musical craftsman who knew how to surround himself with excellent musicians

And you're doing the same with BIAB.

JP it was a pleasure hearing this :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Jean Pierre

thank you Zoltan... it's true that there are no 'little' pleasures in life

A good cup of linden (or a good whisky* )

* or a good cold Barbencourt de Haiti , something I've had the privilege of enjoying a lot

the physics teacher

I do have an electric bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.