Micro BR-80 rythm on/off?

Started by sfe, August 28, 2024, 07:09:58 AM

sfe

Hello all
Newbie here. I searched in the manual and on the forum but can't find any reply to my questions.
I recently aquired a BOSS micro BR-80. I previously used the old micro BR and this BR-80 seems to be an improvement to a product which was rather good from the start, so I am please with my purchase.

But, how do you turn the rythm on/off on the BR-80? I use the BR for multitrack recordings with acoustic instruments and need to be able to turn the metronome on/off back and forth. I have managed to activate it and turned it ON, no peoblems, but how do I silence it when I don't need it?
And, how do you adjust the volume of the metronome?

I really would appreciate some help with this. I kind of expect the explanation to be quite self-explainatory and I am prepared to feel embarrased about the answer, but right now I need som help because I just can't figure this one out.

cuthbert

First, you need the recorder to be in MTR mode. Then from the Track Settings (Mixer) screen, arrow down to the Track Mute&Solo screen. From there, you can mute / unmute the rhythm track.

You can find more detailed info in the user manual, pp 63-64.

Hope that helps!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

sfe

Thank you!
Like I suspected, it was right in front of me. I didn't expect the rythm to be regarded as the 9th track, but I see now that this is fully logical to do if you use the drums, and not just the metronome (to help with your sloppy playing). And there I also found the volume control. Super!

On the original micro BR the on/off is the first command on the rythm screen.

Many Thanks!

64Guitars

Quote from: sfe on August 28, 2024, 07:09:58 AMBut, how do you turn the rythm on/off on the BR-80? I use the BR for multitrack recordings with acoustic instruments and need to be able to turn the metronome on/off back and forth. I have managed to activate it and turned it ON, no peoblems, but how do I silence it when I don't need it?
And, how do you adjust the volume of the metronome?

Pressing the RHYTHM button on the BR-80 toggles the metronome on and off. See page 46 of the BR-80 Owner's Manual. Also, pressing [ENTER] from within the metronome screen turns the metronome on/off. Metronome volume (LEVEL) is adjusted from the same screen.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

cuthbert

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 28, 2024, 11:36:09 AMPressing the RHYTHM button on the BR-80 toggles the metronome on and off. See page 46 of the BR-80 Owner's Manual. Also, pressing [ENTER] from within the metronome screen turns the metronome on/off. Metronome volume (LEVEL) is adjusted from the same screen.

Aha - even better!

But I do love the enhanced mixer functions they put into the BR-80 (more intuitive to me), but not so much the fragile selection wheel.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase