Vashta Nerada ( The devil's Toupee)

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, September 04, 2022, 09:17:59 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

vashta nerada 1st mix extended jan 26th
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Vashta Nerada might sound like an Indian deitie... but is actually from a Doctor who episode. (Episode 8 Series 4 incase anyone wondered ) Keith came up with the idea after watching the episode.
Lyrics from keith, music from both. (great lead riff by keith)

Vashta Nerada

Count count your shadows
You should only have one
If you don't count..count your shadows
You're in trouble if you've got none

Vashta Nerada will strip your bones
So count ,count your shadows
You should only have the one
Things could only get worse if you turn away..turn away

(INST Break)

Count, count your blessings
It's not the silence that cuts you down
In a corner of the library
There's a dark swarm to take you down, down, down

Vashta Nerada will strip you to the bone
So count count your shadows
You should only have the one
Things could only get worse if you turn around, turn around

Saving..Im only saving..i m only saving, Im only saving my skin
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Zoltan

My first thought from hearing the first notes of this track. Everybody is upping the ante. I need to stop posting for a while :D So take that as a compliment!

The playing, the quirkiness. Yes, it all works! I need to stop listening to this!
You'll hear back from me, when i'll get out of my dungeon. Until then... Sayonara! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

My first listen this morning was to Berry Patch's new song and I thought "what a great song" and now I'm listening to yours and find myself thinking the same thing! I'm onboard with Zoltan's comment that the ante is being upped! Excellent guitar work and the vocals/lyrics are a bit quirky but cool. You've got the whole song package that makes this a standout track!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

As Zoltan said... You are upping the ante (but not the uncle, ok...it's dumb.)

If i were in the game I would lay my cards on the table face down and say, I AM OUT!

the guitars sound great alone...but the vocals and all the voices, here there everywhere... so well mixed too!!

once or twice a week I listen down through various SC persons jukebox...today it was yours while I did my hour work out... and I got down down to 19 I think, the Christmas song..... I listened to a few more than once... suffice it to say that I really enjoy your work Darren and also the Toupee's... so much to like... the Dream part 1 was a real favorite though...as are others... another time I will start lower on the list...
just want to say thanks for making my days brighter!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Another fantastic track that just rocks the hell out of my headphones. Pure quality all round - vocals, instrumentation & production - everything first class, Darren.
Ray Brookes

BerryPatch

Great very from the start with that Adrian Belew esque guitar. In fact this song reminds me quite a bit of latter day King Crimson, like something off The Power To Believe (with some great bluesy solos added in there!). Excellent stuff guys

Ron D Bowes

Great heavy intro. Great vox and delivery. I like the chorus change. Super guitar solo! Cool track Darren and keith!

TPB

Wow this on the headphones is great and as other commented I better up my game or stop posting killer riffs and vocals
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Redler

Captivating backer with impressive vocals, wow! I like that style.

The guitar solo is really fantastic!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Killer riff for sure. A great track lads, I am bopping away as I type. Yes it has some nice unexpected twists and turns... loving the dark energy in the melody. I was getting a BÖC vibe, just rocky but dark and grimey too. Love the "Get it on" shout leading in to the 1st solo.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand