I just wanna stay alive
I don't wanna settle down.

Many years earlier
My head was in the clouds
When I was his age
I didn't wanna settle down.
Ray Brookes

SE

Really nice composition with straty tones on guitar, kinda had America vibe at the start then really rocks up, cool stuff, excellent!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Rene Asologuitar

[/quote]
Quote from: Ray Brookes on August 01, 2022, 12:44:10 AM************

Hi Ray,
Lovely intro guitar solo!
Your vocals is exquisite, and the lyrics are well written.
The whole production is so nice sounding, very professional.
The guitar is my most liked.
Thanks for this gem of a song!!!
Rene

StephenM

Wow... spectacular Ray!  I pretty much know all your songs are wonderful and go in a wide number of degrees on the compass.  This one sounded like Ray and then WHAM!!!!  here came a Black Sabbath like onslaught of guitar and vocals....IM TOTALLY IMPRESSED.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Master storyteller & quality songwriting craftsman at work. I heard this yesterday, and the song stayed in my mind for a long time.

The storyline is simplistic and often heard. Yet you managed to find a new angle to it, and keep it interesting. The playing performances are strong, and you're really showing your chops here. The way you're using different flavours of instrumentation, guitar sounds makes for an interesting aural experience. The "Black Sabbath" -section was a slight surprise and same applies to those higher sung vocals. The wailing guitars. It's kinda like the songwriter inside of you felt that "ok, i'll show you guitar players how it's done", and you did :D Then the song calms down again and keeps on going like nothing happened.

There's a lot to learn about arranging, dynamics etc. just be listening to this song.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

Thought provoking lyrics, for sure and the sharp change in dynamics from verse to chorus.  Your music is always great, but this is definitely one of your best.

:) John B.

Hook

Man, this is a mini rock opera in a song, what a stellar production. Master storyteller, tunesmith, producer... I really dig this.
Rock on brother!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Excellent track,what a performance.
I love the acoustic tone on this.
And the leads at the end.
The clean guitar sounds are also outstanding .
The full track is mixed to perfection.
Superb.

Mike_S

Yeah, way to go Ray. Actually now the Black Sabbath comparison has been made there is a faint Ozzy touch in the vocal, almost like if Ozzy could actually sing. Great tune though. Love the chilled pensive rhythms on percussion and those chiming guitars are brewing away nicely, and then BAM! Wonderful stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

danthecoat

Great song and fantastic production here. It really conveys the message well too. Nice mellow almost America (The group) feel to the Middle aged Guys dialogue and then BAM!! full of teenage angst.

Nice Job Ray and Superb composition.