Prophets For Profit - Destination Insanity - Explit Content Warning

Started by Mike_S, April 13, 2022, 11:48:18 AM

Mike_S

Prophets_For_Profit
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Okaaaay...

So what we got here is a collab between myself and Stephen M, otherwise known as Destination Insanity. It's called Prophets for Profit. It started out as a bit of primal riffing one night as I was just enjoying myself messing around and I thought, hang on I can knock this into some kind of song. I thought it might work with Steve doing something along to it and he didn't let me down.

What I thought was an okay but not spectacular base to work from came back entirely transformed. Steve's off the wall lyrics and out there vocal performance put this track into a new category. But what the hell it is is anyone's guess!

Enjoy the sonic delights of Destination Insanity... not for the faint hearted!

Lyrics:

lolipops.... madcap.... prophets for profits. 

Prophets for profits.  They're full of it.  Gonna tell you how to get rich.  These Prophets of profit got all the answers.  Just send 999 and they'll make you ricoh (rich,  like richard). 
They want you to be their whores.  They want to make your vagina sore.  They want to ride you all night.  Steal your bank account all right.

Get rich quick.  It's their sermon.  All the parishoners are really squirming (like vermin).  Give the preacher man your last dime.  He'll call heaven for you just in time.  profits for the rich.  Prophets for the poor. 

They want you to be their whores.  They gonna make your butthole sore.  They want to steal your dough.  Send them everything you make. 

Prophets take advantage of the poor.  (not just talking about the religious people, these prophets are everywhere.  just turn on the internet)  All you gotta do is sell something to someone.  I'll teach you how to make your guitar sound better than ever before.  I know I got 6999 in my wallet. 
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

many thanks Mike!  It's fun doing colabs with you!  I dig your music style a ton... raw, energetic, sarcastic, pessimistic, rocking goodness... it's all qualities I like....

the lyrics are about the myriad people professing to know how to bring you wealth... they are like tribles in the episode of Star Trek...they are everywhere and populating by the thousands daily...
I have family members who give quite a bit of money, most of their money to people on the internet, who promise them riches in return... as we used to say in the Navy "The stupid shall be punished."

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SE

Well that's a ride, really not much to disagree about, rocktastic collab, well do e guys!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Zoltan

This is weird and funky jam! Made me think of Dead Kennedys and Gang of Four. "They want to ride you all night" What a line!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Mad. Just mad. What a great rock track and definitely in the vein of Iggy IMO. Cool collab guys.
Ray Brookes

Nelson

This is sick and definitely lives up to the billing...  Destination Insanity.
The lyrics are wicked, the guitars are awesome and the drums, wow.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hook

Probably not playing this one with the worship band Stephen. I love it guys, makes me smile.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

This is really rocking track! Powerful guitar work with kicking drums, this has attitude!!

Well done guys!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR